• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

Listen to them... But resist believing them....only Moon Puppy and I are sane... :stinker

I'm a marine biologist with the Canadian Dept of Fisheries. I mostly work with my toothy friends here, trying to find out more about them and helping to make sure we have a healthy, sustainable population!

shark1.jpg

shark2.jpg

shark3.jpg

These shots are all of porbeagle sharks, a small cousin of the great white. This image shows a satellite tag I've attached to a shark. With these little gizmos, we can track where they go and all the information gets transmitted to satellite so I can just sit in the office and download the data! I love technology!

shark4.jpg

That rocks man. Makes my work look like nothing. Sure looks to be fun; especially when you can get out on the water like that. I'd say you have one of the most interesting and unique jobs on here.

After several years in the Army, including time with the 160th SOAR, I spent several years in law enforcement as a Sheriff's Deputy and Investigator. I destroyed my knee, and now I'm studying up to get my insurance license.

In case anyone missed it... after 12 months laid off. and 6 months working as a welfare case worker I was rehired in January to teach !!!!!

:yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

I fly to and from work on a helicopter , eat steak twice a week , there is a guy who makes my bed and washes my clothes. There is a huge freezer dedicated just to ice cream, I work for two weeks then have two weeks off. So I only work 6 months a year. Sounds great ! but the reality is long hours no women and no alcohol.

this is where I have been working the last 18 months the DD2

DDII.jpg

I fly to and from work on a helicopter , eat steak twice a week , there is a guy who makes my bed and washes my clothes. There is a huge freezer dedicated just to ice cream, I work for two weeks then have two weeks off. So I only work 6 months a year. Sounds great ! but the reality is long hours no women and no alcohol.

this is where I have been working the last 18 months the DD2

DDII.jpg

You a pipe fitter, rigger or an operator? I'm a plumber- and very seriously thought about working on one of these offshore rigs. Of course I was younger then. lol

Back