• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sicily 1943 (spring)

HI GUYS!

I'm working in a new diorama called "Sicily 1943".

The diorama is an urban scene inside a small population of the interior of Sicily. Concretely of Piazza Armerina. Locality under Hermann Göring's control.

Map of Sicily...
Sicilia-1.jpg

Zone controlled by Hermann Göring...
Sicilia-3.jpg

Locality of the interior of Sicily (Piazza Armerina) near to the area of influence of H. Göring...
Sicilia-2.jpg

Studying some maps of the epoch, and departing from the houses which I have, I located a small corner of the mentioned locality. Looking at the current maps, the locality has changed very much, and more after the war. But it preserves some of these corners.

Piazza Armerina's map...
Sicilia-4-piazzaarmerina.jpg

Location of the Piazza Garibaldi in Piazza Armerina...
Sicilia-5-piazzagaribaldi.jpg

The idea of the diorama is the following one...
Sicilia-6-boceto.jpg

Saying diorama centres on the Piazza Garibaldi with the confluence of the Route On Rome.
The elements that will form a part will be the following ones:
- Four houses of resin of the brand "dejuguete.es" (of very good quality and of very good finished and detailed).

Hotel and Restaurant...
Sicilia-7-hotel-ristoranti.jpg

Houses...
Sicilia-8-casas.jpg

- A fountain of resin.
- A Kubelwagen Type 82 (Tamiya).
- A SdkFz. 222 (Tamiya).
- Cobbles and sidewalks; lanterns, figures (the jousts); and some that another detail of composition.

And yesterday evening I realized a part of the calcas of decoration and characterization of some zones of the diorama. Between them, of the hotel and restaurant and the plates of the Route Rome and the Piazza Garibaldi.
cartelesitalianos-2.jpg

Some of them will go in these positions...
Sicilia-8-calcas.jpg

The initial distribution will be the following one:
Sicilia-6-boceto.jpg

In front of the restaurant, I will place a few cadenitas like cord of delimiting for the exterior tables of the restaurant in the square. A German seated official taking something. Close to this chain the Kubel in the one that is in the habit of displacing (parked evil, but being the one who is it is possible to allow it).
To another side of the square, the SdkFz 222, acceding from the square to the Route Rome.
Inside the rooms I will place beds and a bathroom. Visible all this from out (and possibly from the back part of the houses (that is very probable that it makes them opened in order that it could see the interior of these).

As it is making you things I will be showing it.

See you!

Yago.

Hello again...

Here I leave you the second attempt (and let's wait that the definitive one). On a sheet of polystyrene extruído of 4cm of thickness, I have realized the opportune cuts to extract the size that I will need for the diorama.
I have delimited the perimeters of the buildings and sidewalks, and have placed this fuentecilla (that I do not know if it will be the definitive one that it puts in the diorama).

l000-2.jpg

l001-2.jpg

l004-2.jpg

l002-2.jpg

l003-2.jpg

l005-1.jpg

l008-1.jpg

l009.jpg

Continues...

Hello to all:

I have been reducing the area to realize the slope of the square. I believe that I have gained a couple of heights more of arm of so much giving him to the cleaver, jejejeje. This is what has had time me to doing at the moment...

l012.jpg

l013.jpg

l014.jpg

l015.jpg

l016.jpg

l017.jpg

l018.jpg

I lack for revising and to realize some points:
1 º. Them "X" that meet marked in the area;
2 º. To outline the slope of the right side;
3 º. To realize the slope of the houses of the right side and to make ready the sidewalk of this side;
4 º. To realize the base of the houses (finally each and every of them will be to different height, which will add more tension and will go according to the area).
5 º. Once done all that, if it has time me today on Thursday, I will cover the causeway and the sidewalks. Leaving the area to fix later the houses and the source.
6 º. And finally, to realize the interior structures with girders of wood of all the houses. Making it ready to put the roof where it is necessary.

l019.jpg

l020.jpg

l021.jpg

l022.jpg

l023.jpg

Suggestions and ideas are admitted.

Yago.

More things...

Views of the square and of the disposition of the houses respecting the slope of the streets...

l024.jpg

l025.jpg

l026.jpg

l027.jpg

Views of the interior parts of the houses with his separations...

l028.jpg

l029.jpg

Detail of one of the walls (a little deformed during the way of come back home)... It will Be able to be arranged, calm boys.

l030.jpg

l031.jpg

l032.jpg

This week I will continue with these divisions and will try to stop outlining the slopes of the causeways and of the sidewalks.
Already I have the listoncillos and slats of wood to do the interiors of the houses. And I wait of receiving the source. This way I will be able to decide which I put finally.

See you soon with more things...

Yago.

Looking very cool. I am almost finished reading Operation Husky by Mark Zuelhke which details the Canadian part of the invasion. Now I know where to look for some buildings for when I start working on my dio. I look forward to more.
James

Great work on the dio so far, the ammount of research and detail you are putting into this is inspirational and will make a fantastic work.

Looking forward to seeing much more of this.

Cheers,

Jase.

Thanks guys.
I like you like it.
Some cartels I have to do them again. But I thank you for your notice of "Ristorante".
I hope to do more things this week.

See you!

Yago.

Thank you TREEMENDUS. I'll work hard in this project.
This week I'll add new walls to the houses.
I'm going calmly, I do not want to commit silly mistakes.

See you!

Yago.

Hi Yago, This looks like another really cool project from you :)

The different heights on the buildings looks right on (y)

Looking forward to more progress, Randy

randy_ditton wrote:
Hi Yago, This looks like another really cool project from you :)

The different heights on the buildings looks right on (y)

Looking forward to more progress, Randy

Thank yoy so much for your words.
I want to create tension in the diorama. And the heights of the buildings was helping enough. As well as also the difference of the area.

See you!

Yago.

Hi Yago.

This already looks like it is going to be fantastic. I like the idea of having the ground sloping down like the real thing. (y)

Gary B)

New steps coming soon!
This week has been... different, and I could not to work hard. I'll try to do the walls in this week end.

Thanks for your words.

I like that you like it.

Yago.

Back