• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkman's 1/72 Aichi E13A1a Jake (Hasegawa)

Thanks guys!

Another update on this one!

Got the canopy masked and attached. Did some pre-shading and worked a bit on the floats

added rigging to the floats

more pre-shading

all together, there is some overspray but it is going to be painted white after this so it shouldn't matter..

added the stickers on the floats, not going to add the roundels since they will be painted over white anyway!

Big Jake and baby Jake!

Thank you gents! Might be able to finish this one before I leave on the 12th for a couple weeks.

I got a fair bit done today and not much left to finish it.

Made a cardboard template for covering the Hinomarus and masked off the front for the yellow ID bands. There is a to of over spray again but I didn't care (except for the yellow) since the whole upper surfaces will be white anyway.

yellow painted

last shot before this Jake turns white!

white coat, hard to see here but you can still make out the yellow ID bands just barely!

Still IJN grey undersides

installed the prop and the exhausts. I hand painted the red stripes on the prop

got the radio mast on

you can see the contrast of the painted over Hinomarus and the rest of the body

I was going to start on the green crosses today but I feel I made my template a little too wide. I believe it should be a bit more narrow, looks a bit to much like a German cross right now

just have the green crosses, an antenna wire, a pitot tube, gloss and dull coats and a bit of light weathering and this one will be done!

Thanks everyone!

Going to call this one done. I had trouble with the green crosses, they could be a little straighter but I tried twice to get them on.

Going to scratch up a little beaching trolley for it too, based on my 1/48 scale one and a couple old wheels from the spares box

I'd call it good . Those finishes were applied hurriedly and most likely with a minimum of resources. (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back