• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkman's 1/72 Aichi E13A1a Jake (Hasegawa)

sharkman

Master at Arms
Well, while working on tracks for the Type 1 (which is as much fun as watching paint dry!) and fixing up the Mavis I decided to enter another kit here. Will post pics later because Photobucket is being naughty! :angry:

Made my donation!

Well, while working on tracks for the Type 1 (which is as much fun as watching paint dry!) and fixing up the Mavis I decided to enter another kit here. Will post pics later because Photobucket is being naughty! :angry:

Made my donation!

:rotf :rotf :rotf Because you have nothing else going on ???

Cheers, Christian B)

Made my donation!

:rotf :rotf :rotf Because you have nothing else going on ???

Cheers, Christian B)

I know!! :bang head

But hey, its for a good cause!

Actually, I was thinking this one was destined for some surrender colours too so I might as well do them at the same time!

Made my donation!

Got it Warren, thanks

Yeah I notice that about photobucket today also. :idonno

Made my donation!

Got it Warren, thanks

Yeah I notice that about photobucket today also. :idonno

Great! might throw some more $$ in later after Christmas!

Ok,

here's the kit

all I have started so far, engine and wings

an original image!

"A Green Cross Jake is readied for takeoff from Jacquinot Bay, New Britain in October of 1945. This Aichi E13A1 Jake long-range reconnaissance float plane was surrendered to the Royal New Zealand Air Force personnel after it landed on the surface of Jacquinot Bay. While floating there, it developed a leak in a pontoon and sank. It was not recovered. Photo: RNZAF via Australian War Memorial"

Taken from:

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/451/Green-Cross-to-Bear.aspx

what I intend to make it look like

Terry, didn't you build one of these a few years back???

I thought I remember seeing that here somewhere...

I built this one a few years back Warren. Other than the old decals breaking apart on me I don't remember any issues. But then my memory isn't what it used to be. :eek:ldguy

Been working on the Jake. this kit has a very sparse interior, 3 seats, 3 figures and an IP. I scavenged the spares box and used some sprue to liven it up a little.

Got some of the other major sub assemblies done

wings on and body together!

Going to be small compared to the mavis

Nice!

Are those weights behind the rear seat?

:popcorn

The black cylinder or the silver disks?

In short, no. I just threw some stuff in that looked good. The silver disks are supposed to loosely represent magazine cartridges for the rear defensive gun.

The Mavis fuselage sure had some beautiful flowing lines.

It just looks like a high speed boat until that glider wing is attached .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back