• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Savoia-Marchetti SM.82 "Marsupiale" in 1/72

Hello again,

Progress has been a Little slow, simply no time. Still I got some work done.

This is the final assembly, masking and primer coating in place:

hdb1ca50.JPG

h7c4f9a7.JPG

h5e8e7d6.JPG

This is the first layer of the camo (Verde Mimetico 3)

h661eccf.JPG

h60f8f9e.JPG

h996512b.JPG

Now the second layer (Giallo Mimetico 2)

hbff86b6.JPG

h7fd4d92.JPG

h73f4383.JPG

and this is what is coming up when I have time (Marrone Mimetico 2)

hd24bbb7.JPG

Hope you like.

Cheers everyone,

Alex

Wow Alex that's a lot of plastic .

A terrible lot of painting and still much more to do . Keep up the good work (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

You know with the brush painting you're getting a great fade effect that we struggle with an airbrush. Interesting...:popcorn

Coming along nicely Alex! That is a rather large 1/72 scale plane with a LOT of little squiggles to paint. While I like Italian WW2 cammo, it can be a bear to paint and you are doing a nice job!

:popcorn

You know with the brush painting you're getting a great fade effect that we struggle with an airbrush. Interesting...:popcorn

You are quite right. Interestingly enough, I hadn't seen this effect before, when I was using enamels. Now with the acrylics I can see it too. Well, that is an added Bonus! :ro:

Paul, I simply love doing These complicated Italian cammos. It helps quench my Frustration for not being able to get those wonderful airbrush effects I so admire in your work.

I finished the third layer and it Looks... well... interesting! Actually I am very pleased.

Now I will get the decals and the weathering on. Perhaps not my best but still getting better.

Cheers

Alex

ha34c39e.JPG

h1cf23f7.JPG

he91ca44.JPG

h2f6b39e.JPG

hcf8a39d.JPG

hb9e545d.JPG

Thank you very much Luiz! At lease someone liked it...

I guess I was in a bit of a hurry, but all in all Looks ok to me.

Cheers

Alex

P.S. Grande abraco, bom final de semana. Tudo pronto para as olimpíadas?

I love it (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) Man what a paint scheme and what a cool looking bird. Cant wait for the final reveal. It will be pretty sharp.
James

While I've been following along, I haven't been replying much. Still, I do love what you've done here. I have built a number of Italian bombers and I also love painting these squiggly dot patterns too. Don't feel bad if nobody replies right away. I've had a number of posts that hadn't seen replies for days so when everyone has a chance, they'll express their appreciation.

Looking forward to seeing the decals on this.

While I've been following along, I haven't been replying much. Still, I do love what you've done here. I have built a number of Italian bombers and I also love painting these squiggly dot patterns too. Don't feel bad if nobody replies right away. I've had a number of posts that hadn't seen replies for days so when everyone has a chance, they'll express their appreciation.

Looking forward to seeing the decals on this.

Looks vert nice to me Alex

The shades on the exhaust collectors are as good or better than any I have seen (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks a lot guys!

This one took a Long time to get ready. But here it is, final with decals and weathering. Not as good as I wanted but again lots of practice and a very cool camo IMHO. Shame that the mechanics inside do not get to be seen as I wanted but hey, it's all fun.

Now on to grayer pastures in the Wesendorf field - a brand new Bf.109G-6 in Italian camo.

Cheers

Alex

h6f7012b.JPG

he3d4b69.JPG

h6b81780.JPG

h1429a96.JPG

h4033d66.JPG

h8d4bbf1.JPG

h33ea3c3.JPG

h70f3ada.JPG

hdd142ae.JPG

Back