• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sad News about Hippy Ed

While I've never met Ed in person, I have talked with him on the phone. I also knew him for more than a decade, having first met him on the LEM. He was always a great friend and enthusiastic modeler. He will be missed.

Dear Lord, We give you Hippy.......
He modeled his own way, and enjoyed the dickens out of it. I never heard a discouraging word from him.
See you on the Other Side, Brother :bat :eek:ldguy :drinks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA0v8pCN8cQ

This is very shocking news! :( :( :(

My condolences to his family!

It won't be quite the same around here without the hippy saying, "git her done!" :bat :bat

It was a pleasure to share this great hobby with you Ed!

:salute

Bummer ! :( I was hoping he would keep me on track on my RA-5C build. Maybe I should now dedicate that build in his memory.RIP Ed !

I can't believe this!!!Anyone know any details? Ed and I have been buds for several years. We would have lunch from time to time. Talked on the phone lots. Wife and I are on our way back to .ca. and planned on calling him. My wife read it on Facebook about his passing and we are both numb. Any info would a big help. Thank you all for the a great send off. Fly high brother....Harv

Not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I just read John Buis post on Hyperscale about Eds passing, apperantly he had a heart attack. Definitely going to miss his posts....

I never met Ed ... Some would think We were at each others throats on the web sites We were on, No Ed was My Brother from another Mother, He always wielded that Bat ....

Cccrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkk !!!!

In tributes My Brother, Ed and Friend I never met ... But Joked with a lot ... He had gotten it from a Vietnam Chopper pilot ... Granddad John ... now He's on the Lord's Team ... I probably knew things about Ed, as we were Facebook Friends also, I hadn't seen Ed online for about a week ... and my other FB friends are reporting the same thing so RIP Peace My brother Ed ... :( :( :( :(

https://youtu.be/le-TG4sRRiQ

I just came across this and am absolutely stunned. I knew Ed through the Boards for over 7 Years and thoroughly enjoyed his wit and banter. He and Grandad John will have lots of Stories to tell and they will both be waiting for us when our time comes. R.I.P. good Friend. You will be sorely missed......Mark

Bummer ! :( I was hoping he would keep me on track on my RA-5C build. Maybe I should now dedicate that build in his memory.RIP Ed !

I think that would be very fitting, he'll be helping you along Gary. :bat :bat :bat :bat

The memorial build ide is a pretty good one, any idea what the subject matter would be???

I think Ed would like a Vigilante RA-5C the Best ... As in knowing Him that was His favorite Uncles plane in the Navy ... :pilot

Folks I do not know if this is confirmation or not. Was chatting with another old friend and Ed apparently had a heart attack and just never recovered. Deeply saddened by this.

Joe

I am very sorry to hear about Ed's passing. Although I am new here, I always appreciated his comments and support.

My deepest condolences to the family. Happy modelling in the clouds, Ed.

Alex

Back