• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RMS TITANIC 1/350 Academy/Minicraft and some PE

I just had to try out the bulkhead panel graphics I downloaded. Now that the main deck is glued into place the First class Private Promenades are added next. So here is the result. They were slightly over size but given the fact they won't be seen except with great effort, once the promenade deck is added, I just went for it.
IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1448%202.jpg

Very cool. I like the idea of the wood insife to attach the mounts to. Watching this with interest :popcorn
James

Well boys I've gone and done it this time! Yesterday at work I had the misfortune of getting my fingers to close to the blade of the table saw. As a result of my senior moment I now have 9 and 3/4 of my fingers. I'll spare you the gory details but as things go it could have been worse.

Suffice to say Titanic will be progressing a little more slowly than I would like. I really had my mojo going and I'm not going to let this get me down. So bear with me as I try to finish this and adjust to my new digital configuration. I'm sure some of my plans will be rethought and altered. I just thought I give you guys a heads up.

Man Greg, sorry to read this. Get healed up soon. Did you whack off the tip of another finger or was the the same one so it really doesn't count?

Oh you know me! I had to go and clip a different one. It's a good thing I'm right handed, cause at the rate I'm going my left hand is going to be fingerless in another 5 years :yipee

Too bad you don't work for the railroad, you'd fit right in.

Sorry to make light of this, I know that sucker hurts. Get healed up soon buddy, don't let this zap the mojo! :drinks

Thanks Bob!

It's been nearly a week now and I've had a lot of time to reflect on the status of this build.

Obviously until the bandaging comes off and I get to see just how much of the finger is left, no real decision can be made. That should happen in a day or two when I go to a follow up with the surgeon.

The most likely thing is I'll dry dock her for the time being. And as I heal and become adjusted to working with a stump finger try to continue on. I'm sure some of my plans and PE parts will not make it into the finished product, but I will finish it. My grandfather who did work for the railroads lost multiple fingers or parts of fingers and was a avid model railroader so I'm sure I will adapt.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Believe it or not but I've been fondling a 1/72 Trumpeter EE Lightening the past 2 days, just trying figure out how to start it with one hand.

Hang in there and heal up. When you do decide to start your Lightning, let me know. I have two in the stash to start up. I'll join you in that build.

Thanks Duke! I appreciate the offer.

I just spent part of the morning packing away the Titanic parts and tried to clean up the work table. Hopefully I've made things a little more " handicap accessible".

I'm going to give this a try look for a new thread up in the aircraft forum. I'd be happy to have some company with this.

Greg

Back