• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Tornado Gr.4

My guess is that if you are not part of Chris' group you can't see it. I got a "This content isn't available right now" Of course it could be some censorship numbnut has blocked it for some reason. :eyeroll:

Just a point about aircraft condition.
The tornado subject is a 41 sqn display aircraft. the tail marking is a special paint job for that aircraft. these display aircraft would be kept in tip top condition simply because they are exactly that, display aircraft. Only one aircraft in the sqn would be painted like this although they sometimes did a spare in case the first went US at an airshow.

DSC_0080.JPG

41Sqn display aircraft 2005 Jaguar

90324_1159554628.jpeg

41 sqn 100th anniversary

photo_9999_153786.jpg

41sqn 95th anniversary

82551_1441875249.jpeg

100th anniversary following the scraping of the GR9 Harriers.

Not taking anything away from this really nice build but more a point of interest as the issue of condition has been raised. :)

Thanks . A small beginning perhaps . I would have preferred to open the photos but this will work..
Cheers, Christian

About display aircraft , I have seen UK aircrews come to Germany and wipe their FGR-2 down with rags and possibly Windex before open house.
You always send out your best looking airplane and the Wing King's bird is usually the nicest in the fleet .

Apologies Gary . You may need a facebook account for that to open .
Cheers , Christian

Just a point about aircraft condition.
The tornado subject is a 41 sqn display aircraft. the tail marking is a special paint job for that aircraft. these display aircraft would be kept in tip top condition simply because they are exactly that, display aircraft. Only one aircraft in the sqn would be painted like this although they sometimes did a spare in case the first went US at an airshow.

View attachment 154174

41Sqn display aircraft 2005 Jaguar

View attachment 154172

41 sqn 100th anniversary

View attachment 154173

41sqn 95th anniversary

View attachment 154171

100th anniversary following the scraping of the GR9 Harriers.

Not taking anything away from this really nice build but more a point of interest as the issue of condition has been raised. :)
Thanks for this. I learn sonething from you guys every day. I just started building the German version of this plane with some fantastic tail art. I will see if I can make it cleaner and still interesting looking. Thanks again!

Back