• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/35 Bell H-13

nerdling

I figured since I finished the Ki-27 and only have the Titanic going right now that I would start on this beauty of a kit. Would have posted these earlier but don't have the internet at home this week. I plan on going with a slightly unusual scheme. The instructions call it an artic/jungle scheme. Basically the cockpit will be international orange and the tail boom will be white. Should be a bit more interesting than olive drab.

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

Nice, I'm interested in your take on the boom, specifically the thickness of the tubes and stuff.

Alrighty I've begun to rip into this kit and so far I love it. Sure there is some cleanup of seamlines and stuff but for the price you can't beat it.

IMG_4603.jpg

I like the fact that most of the framework is one piece. Nice touch there.

IMG_4602.jpg

Yes I did see the ever present cat hair. They always like to put their own touch into just about every build I do.

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

Engine front and back. Still have some cleanup of the seams to do.

IMG_4601.jpg

Finally we have the cockpit.

As you can tell from the build mat I am in no way a clean builder lol.

Nice, I'm interested in your take on the boom, specifically the thickness of the tubes and stuff.

I think the thickness on the tubing is probably to thick for the scale. But honestly I really see no way around that other than fashioning a scratchbuilt one out of tubing. But for the age of the molds it is pretty good. I'm sure with a more modern mold it would probably be more to scale. I'm lazy and am just going with it as is though :D

Also I will say the instructions are a bit vague on the placement of some of the stuff that fits inside of the boom. But with the help of some photos online, I have been able to figure it out.

I've really thought of brass tubing..would love to get some scale drawings of this thing and give it a shot.

What I've seen, the battery, fuel and stuff varied in the boom, not sure if these were different models or just someone moving stuff to make room for other things like a new radio stack. Don't think you can go wrong where you put it.

:popcorn

What I've seen, the battery, fuel and stuff varied in the boom, not sure if these were different models or just someone moving stuff to make room for other things like a new radio stack.

Deja vu all over again! Didn't we discuss this a while back with photos? They may be of use to Nerdling!

61ZtRFa35IL.jpg

Regards,

yep, sure did, how you think I'm such an expert now??:rotf

It was Paddy's build I do believe.

Back