• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Opel Admiral - Pre-War

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

It's been forever since I've built a Car. This one is the Opel Admiral from ICM . I did a Full Build review over on AMPS & you can check it here .

It's 1/35th scale. I shot it in AlClad. The AlClad Black Primer, Gloss Black Base , MIsted 2 coats of Chrome over the Entire car , MIsted 2 coats of AlClad Aqua Gloss Clear , I taped off all of the Chrome parts ( Body Chrome, Grill ) & misted 3-4 Coats of AlClad Transparent Red. The Wheels got th same treatment.

The Interior - The Seats were painted with Vallejo Burnt Cad. Red , & German Camo Beige & Misted 2 coats of Future on 'em. All of the interior Chrome parts got th AlClad Treatment - except for th Windows . I hit these with Model Master Chrome ( I had forgot to give'em th AlClad treatment & didn't want to wait an X-tra week for th Gloss Black to cure )

Admiral_quarter_front_shot_Close.JPG

Admiral_Front_head_on_.JPG

Admiral_Rear_Quarter_shot_Close.JPG

Admiral_Rear_Quarter_shot%7E0.JPG

Admiral_Rag_Top_.JPG

The Boot for the Convertible top was made from a wrapper of a Klondike Bar ( Heath Toffee , It's th only wrapper with built in texture & when you peel off the Wax pare liner , th Foil is less that a 1/16th " ! ) It was painted with Vallejo Canvas , Dry brushed with Vallejo German Camo Dark Green , & then Dry brushed with Vallejo German Camo Beige .

Admiral_interior_shot.JPG

Opel_Admiral_Wheel_shot.JPG

One cool thing is that ICM included decals for the Chrome - along the sides of the body of the word Admiral & Opel for the Grill & Opel for the Hub Caps !! That's a Great touch !

Thanx for lookin. It's not 100% perfect , But I was surprised with th Depth that came out of the Finish on th car ! I will be trying this again on a Bigger scale Car .... Fo-Sho !!

Outstanding finish Erik! Wonder what one more shot of that Clear would have done? Outstanding finish! (y):

Hey Guys & Gals ,

Thanx for th Kind Words !!

@ RON - Normally I'm not into Civi cars , But this car has some very Sexy lines. I'm glad you Dig it !!

@ LAURA - I too would love to find this in My Garage !! It's a Very Elegant & Sexy Auto !!

@ MATTS- Thanx Bro !!

@ MOONIE - Thanx fror th kind words, I don't think another coat would hurt ..... I'm just eager to try this again on a Bigger scale car :dude

@ JAMES - Thanx I'm glad you Dig it !!

@ SHERMAN - Hey Bro , Long time no see !! I'm glad you like it !

Thanx again everybody !! Much appreciated !!

:drinks

Back