• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Normandy Well

Thanks Ken

welldone005.jpg

Better?

Well here we are.

Here's the Well
welldone009.jpg

Granny will have a couple of buckets. They will be next.

Now, not really sure what to do from here. I'm really at a block. couple of MPs with their Jeep? Just a street scene? I never have done a diorama before and I'm not really coming up with any story to tell here. Just an exercise in painting stone and stuff.

Let's see, setting on a airfield doesn't work...
welldone008.jpg

welldone007.jpg

Halftrack parked next to it, but that means I have to paint more figures.

what about a forced perspective?

welldone006.jpg

The 1:48th scale Dv in the back ground makes both Granny and the well timeless. Could put in some Teutonic Knights and she would still fit.

Well...maybe something will come to me. Still got lots of time.

Shadowbox would work, still have no story to tell. I'll pickup the Well before time is out and do something. Maybe by then creative juices will flow.

I think a gingerbread house would look good over in that corner. Broom up against the door, smoke curling up from the chimney. But where are Hansel and Gretel.....Ohhhhh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

James

If you're really stumped you could always just put it against a backdrop of a section of partially collapsed wall and surround the area with other debris, lots of stuff form the spares, odd timbers, bricks, a piece of furniture, lots of dust and dirt...

a small vignette of an old woman getting some water in her bombed out town/city.

*just thinking out loud here

Month to go. I got a figure painted and the well. What story can be told by a little ol' lady carrying two buckets of water from a well...or to a well? I tried to work with a base today but I just can't get into it. Not when there's NMF airplanes buzzin about!

Back