• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Normandy Well

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Well..it's Sept 1, kick off date for the Monroe Perdu Reloaded! WELL DONE Group build. I know I got a Well on the way but I haven't the slightest idea to do. Yet.

I may be looking at the unconventional.

you're more than welcome to start your builds if you do not have your Well yet.

A couple of guys finishing just building the well.

or

Somebody repairing the well

or

put the well on a mail truck and call it Get Well Soon!

Not a bad idea but already passing...Now I'm thinking of a resin GMC I got from James, a resin 37mm gun being towed and some guys hangin' around.

How about the duece and a half (CCKW 352) with some troopies filling jerry cans? You could have a bunch lying around and maybe 1/2 the truck bed full. I remember doing that before and let me tell you peeling potatoes is way easier.

James

That's sort of what I was thinking about Ken, I can't say that when it's all done a couple of figures and a halftrack will not be entered into the mix.

James, I think that's the idea. Maybe a couple of civilian women standing in line waiting turn..

moon puppy wrote:
That's sort of what I was thinking about Ken,

what, that you're a glutton for punishment? LOL

I may build an occasional all resin kit if it's on the small side, like a trailer or something but for the most part I try to avoid all resin kits because I'm chicken like that.

:lol:

moon puppy wrote:
OK, now you're getting me scared...

HA!

Sorry mang, I don't like big pour blocks and the need to used razor saws and wear respirators and use CA only...

give me plastic sprues please.

Unless I have no choice, like the M8 and M10 trailers from TMD, I avoid full resin kits like scared little kid.

:whistle:

I laid out the basic of what I think I'm going to do. Not much of a story going on but I'm going for the GMC truck parked near the Well, couple of GIs filling up jerry cans and canteens. Can't promise some figures from the past and a halftrack will not end up here. But I think that's the direction I'm going.

welldone001_20100905_1834884755.jpg

OK, here's my entry. No promises that something else may make an appearance later on. The base is something I started the other day working with Ant's classwork. I was thinking I would turn it into a tarmac for aircraft but since it's already started I can turn it in this direction.

I guess construction of the Deuce and a half is first.

No doubt, not even sure what's clean up and what's parts...

And guess what, I'm already rethinking this. Google the Major of St. Lo.

First hurtle. The CCKW is a conversion kit, not full kit. I did not realize this and don't have a deuce and a half in stash. Either placing an order with Sprue Bros this evening or thinking this over again...I think too much...

moon puppy wrote:
First hurtle. The CCKW is a conversion kit, not full kit. I did not realize this and don't have a deuce and a half in stash. Either placing an order with Sprue Bros this evening or thinking this over again...I think too much...

Hi there Moon Puppy.

Where are you located? Just the general area is good.

Cheers from Peter

moon puppy wrote:
South Carolina. Generally get stuff from them next day or so.

That's good. I was going to offer you an Italeri GMC chassis assembly (with wheels) that I have here but you'd get your stuff from SC faster than from up here in Ontario.

Cheers from Peter

I appreciate that, but I'll likely go another direction completely now. There's another idea floating around my head, just got to shake it out.

Back