• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Night fighter build(9 PLAYERS SO FAR WHO ELSE)

kryptosdaddy

Looking at 'Second Chance' I realized that several topics in WWII aircraft have been covered except Night Fighters - has this been brought up yet? This could be a great topic for next year.

Night fighter build

Black widow to the FW 189 and beyond. Keep it WWII. I think we could see some interesting builds here.

Night fighter build

Black widow to the FW 189 and beyond. Keep it WWII. I think we could see some interesting builds here.

Fw 189 is reconnaissance and Army Cooperation, wouldn't fit here. Ta 154 or He 219, or Beaufighter or Havoc etc. I like this idea. Would play with either a 219 or P-61.
James

Night fighter build

Black widow to the FW 189 and beyond.

Fw 189 is reconnaissance and Army Cooperation, wouldn't fit here.

James, several of the Fw-189 were modified as low speed night fighters:

From the above link:
"These FW 189s were fitted with a FuG 212 radar in the nose, and had a MG151/20 in a schräge Musik installation (facing diagonally forward, not rearward as the box art depicts).

Hptm. Josef Pützkuhl of the I/NJG 100 was credited 26 victories, and was awarded the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold.

He flew the following machines between the Spring of 1944 and March 1945:

W7+DB, W7+EB, W7+LB, W7+MB, W7+UH, W7+NL, W7+WM. This last one is a puzzle, as M should indicate 4. Staffel, usually assigned to a II Gruppe.

Source: Günther Hiese, who interviewed the pilot and consulted his Flugbuch; via my friend Col. Roy Lower, USAF (Ret.)"

Regards,

Night fighter build

Well thats interesting :hmmm . I stand corrected. Thanks for the info Saul.
James

Night fighter build

I have a couple, this is the kit that inspired me to bring this up. ( I think my BF 110 is a night fighter, but I'll have to dig it out of the pile)

fw_189_28529.JPG

fw_189_28629.JPG

If we do this, THIS will be the kit I'll offer.

CR

Night fighter build

Would it be any aircraft built as a night fighter or adapted for use as a night fighter as was the Fw 189. The Germans used just about everything in their inventory in an attempt to stop the nightly British raids. Then there are aircraft like the P-70 night fighter version of the A-20 and even the PV-1 was adapted and used by the Marines as a night fighter.

Night fighter build

I would really enjoy this campaign but I already have as many irons in the fire as I can support right now . :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Night fighter build

I know there is alot going on now- so this could be something to start maybe late fall or winter as I have a few little piles I'm digging through now as well.
Of course the final say comes from up top, but I would be open with anything built specifically for or adapted to night-fighter service.

My offering is on the first page- GW's fw 189. CR

Night fighter build

Ahh , that's more like it . I have plenty that needs glue and paint (y)

I guess if someone was creative enough they might even think of building a night witch. They only flew after dark :pilot

Back