• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My first figure in many many moons!

Dragunov

Hi all,

Yesterday I've started to paint a figure. It's the Alpine miniatures German Panzer crew with puppy. Inspired by Bob and Laura's SBS on painting a figure, I've started painting,playing with colors, paints etc. In the end it should be the loader of my StuH42.

It is far from finished, so every comment is welcome!

The body;
Crewmember01.jpg

Crewmember02.jpg

The body with more puppy detail;
Crewmember05.jpg

The heads:
Crewmember03.jpg

Crewmember04.jpg

Comments tips etc. welcome! Thanks for looking

Erik

I'm going to have to get that figure just for the puppy...I've got a greater appreciation for figure painting now, very nice work Erik.

Hi All!

Thanks for the comments, and just like Bob said I get an ever growing appreciation for figure painters! I have a lot to learn but having a lot of fun "playing" with the colors.

I've was working on the face and putting more highlights of flesh tones on it, and decided it was time for the eyes. The face ended up with Kermit the frog likes eyes, and to make it worse one eye was bigger then the other :blush:

So I ended up cleaning the face to start over again.

Here is the result from todays work, the face need some more highlights, but it doesn't look to bad (from a distance and with dimmed lights :unsure: )

Crewmember07.jpg

Crewmember08.jpg

Crewmember09.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Erik

Hi Erik,

The figure is looking really good .

Same for me too I would like to see more of the head .

The facial highlights have been picked up pretty well even in low light photo.

Michael :)

Back