• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moving Forward

Barney

I think I have mentioned how much I hate moving.

Well, we just accepted an offer and will be moving soon. For Carol, this will be maybe # 10. For me? My 56th change of address.

This truly bitter-sweet. I have lived all over the world, but living with Carol is the first time I have ever really felt secure and at Home. know, intellectually, that wherever Carol is, I will be home. However, I really hate the turmoil and upheaval of the moving process.

I already have a plan for the NEW Man Closet... :vgood:

Moving is such a double edge sword. I love the adventure of a new place.....I hate the physical act of packing stuff up, then redistributing at the new location.

I'm leaving this place feet first!

That is what I said. Then I fell, headfirst and on my back, down the stairs. I was not seriously injured, but between stenosis in my upper and lower spine, and a few other things, we are choosing safety first.

I hate moving

We are currently at a standstill (insert several vulgar words and phrases). The house was inspected for a buyer and the inspector went crazy. Our 109-year-old house is NOT up to code! Imagine that! Lots of little stuff to do and some things that are just silly. We called in an engineer to check some concerns. Yes, stuff should be fixed, but $20K to fix something that has had no effect in 109 years is just unimaginable.

Have I mentioned I hate moving?

Bummer!! We had similar experience, but not as expensive when we sold our last house. Moving is a royal PIA. As Churchill said," When your going thru hell, keep going." Gary S. XLV MMXX

Barney I would have thought that a 109-year-old house would have been "grandfathered in" on many of the codes. Something don't seem right. Still, I'll be praying everything works out.

We are grandfathered on many things, but foundations must be solid and repairs must meet current code. The inspector went overboard and editorialized on his report. The Engineer we hired said yes, the repairs should be made, BUT cautioned that the foundation was solid, true and plumb and that messing with a 100+ year old foundation might not be the brightest thing in the world.

Back