• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's Big Bone...

I'm hunting the acrylic rod, doubt seriously it's going to be lit up but rod it will be. till then, we're ready for prime time.

DSCF0099.jpg

Rust-o-leum to the rescue. Now my bone will never rust...:mpup They also have a line of camo colors, I grabbed the one that looks OD to me. We'll find out shortly. this stuff is thick and went on heavy. I'm going to let it cure a day or some and lightly sand it to get the surface I want. then try the OD out. Shot, I don't want to use up all my Mr Surfacer trying to cover this thing!

DSCF0101.jpg

a pretty nice silhouette, even if you still see the major step seams. I think I'll cut a panel line around that spot and try to camouflage it.

hehehehe....I love the smell of acrylic in the evening..

Not using the OD I bought, test sprays were just too dark for my taste, might have just enough to get this thing covered.

Now I have a question, or a request. I need some decals. I'm doing the classic Red tail with Black A in a white triangle group ID. 91st Bomb Group (H) You know, the Chow Hound, Nine-o-Nine scheme. Same Group that Memphis Belle was in but she didn't get the red markings during her service.
Dsc_0090%20B-17G%20N93012%20right%20side%20l.jpg

Willing to buy or trade, Talk to me!

Wow...!!! That B-1B is coming along GREAT: you just gotta love that OD paint scheme - looks fantastic! (y) Man, what a huge bird. Well done, Moon!!! :dude

Cheers and thanks for sharing! B)
Fernao

Laura, sorry, I missed your question. 1:32 scale B1? well it's 146 feet long, that will be 4.5 feet. 1:24 scale would be 6 foot

bone021.jpg

See where i'm going?

Back