• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's Big Bone...

OT (sorry for hijacking bob!)

Dolomiti! :laugh:

Dolomiti was great - my most favorite - until they changed the ingredients but i wrote of another ice cream ... the only thing i remember is that it was from Schöller and not Langnese and that it was put out of the market around 1979/1980 ... if only i could remember the name!

We had some rainbow pushup type things, I don't think I ever knew the name of them but the store down on the corner always had them.

Saul, would you suggest what wash to put on them?

I suggest pin washes with a burnt sienna. It should add definition, but not look greasy.

Regards,

Got it! Decals are going on today, going to wash it to bring out the panel lines and seal it up, call it done.

Then we gotta figure out what size model rocket motors we can stick up the tail pipes to launch this SOB!!!

Got it! Decals are going on today, going to wash it to bring out the panel lines and seal it up, call it done.

Then we gotta figure out what size model rocket motors we can stick up the tail pipes to launch this SOB!!!

The only rocket motors I remember from my youth are B 6-4's :D That is a behemoth!!!! Looks great MP!

DSCF0004%7E0.jpg

If the alignment looks off, it's the doppler effect...

Only have to fashion the slanted A on the tail and do a wash over panels and I'm done!

The new cans look great. I like the under painting idea to get the high tempature look.

Terry (y)

From a guy who lost his cool on some cans, the kit looks great and close to finished!

Regards,

The throwback paint scheme is really cool, I'm sure you will hang this build in a place of honor!! (y)

fitting very fitting using chow hound decals you want a bone go get it big boy :mpup hats off to you for tackling this build :drinks :drinks

And with some simple strips of black decal paper, I'm calling this done.

Finally got around to making the slopped back A group ID and with that, I call this Bone Done
bonedone1.jpg

bonedone2.jpg

bonedone3.jpg

Did I tell ya this thing is BIG. That's the 1:48 MIG I just finished the other week. yeah, that little dot next to it...
bonedone4.jpg

Thanks for enduring the trials and tribulations of this build, I will NEVER do another one of these big bone kits again.

Back