• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's Big Bone...

well I have the before mentioned chopping block, but don't really know if I want to use that for this project. I have a base of one of those mag light things, very heavy. I could give it an alclad treatment..I have a couple of holes drilled in the Bone for the support and I'm waiting to know what I need to put on those holes before I close it up. I could mount a couple of nuts there to make it screw in the base, or a couple of brass sleeves to slide in place. I know I need something more support there than just the thin wall of the bottom of the aircraft.

well I have the before mentioned chopping block, but don't really know if I want to use that for this project. I have a base of one of those mag light things, very heavy. I could give it an alclad treatment..I have a couple of holes drilled in the Bone for the support and I'm waiting to know what I need to put on those holes before I close it up. I could mount a couple of nuts there to make it screw in the base, or a couple of brass sleeves to slide in place. I know I need something more support there than just the thin wall of the bottom of the aircraft.

I'd go and buy a cutting board. Less likly to tip or move about. Then plexi glass arm.
James

Pretty darn neat, and LARGE. Did I say it sure is LARGE? Where are you going to put the thing when its done, the Air and Space Museum?

...haven't thought that far ahead...I'm starting to wonder where I'm going to put it before I get it on the mount!

Most airbases I've been to poured concrete and mount the thin in front of the he headquarters building .
OOOOOps the size threw me off ! :S

Library shares the same room as my shower and other plumbing fixtures. Not sure how all that moister will work on the paint job... :mpup

What does unused wedding presents that were never returned for something pratical have to do with a 1:48 B 1 bomber?

DSCF0161%7E0.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

:D :D :D

DSCF0168.jpg

I know, it's sort of hokey, surely not going to win any prizes with this. But this is what I came up with. I started thinking about how much space this thing would take up. Figured I can mount it on this like a ship, I can always hang it at some point in time.

All sealed up, more sanding to do around all attachment points, it really sucks but I guess it's to be expected on a kit this big. ...oh..I'm going to need more paint. :huh:

Library shares the same room as my shower and other plumbing fixtures.

Huh? :blink :huh: A library in the bathroom is one thing (temporary) but don't you have a permanent library?

The mount is ummm... think of something nice to say unusual! :silly:

Seriously, it is fancy and unusual but not sure how it will work after the paint job is done.

Regards,

Yeah I have a nice book shelf but it's not in arms reach when I have time to read something...

OK, the mounts are hokey...maybe they are temporary till I figure out something more appropriate. Yeah...that's it, they're temporary...

Well, you seem to be upset with the cans. Plus you need to mount this baby... what about killing two birds with one stone?

Use 'afterburner' (Clear acrylic stock painted in fiery colors) exhausts to mount to a heavy wooden base. Certainly four acrylic rods will hold the model up?

Regards,

That would look cool, if you're really going to be hating on my nautical theme mount I'll look else where. Where would one get these acrylic rods?

Not hating it... it may be one of those things that need to be done to appreciate.

Acrylic rods are available wherever plastics are sold. I buy mine in person from Canal Plastics in NYC but you can get them online. High heat is needed to bend them.

Plastruct sells them:
CATALOG CODE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION UPC PKG. CODE
AR-2 1/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92031
AR-2H 1/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 90291
AR-2L 1/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-4 1/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92032
AR-4H 1/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 90292
AR-4L 1/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-6 3/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92033
AR-6H 3/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 90293
AR-6L 3/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-8 1/4" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92034
AR-8H 1/4" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 90294
AR-8L 1/4" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-10 5/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92035
AR-10L 5/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-12 3/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92036
AR-12L 3/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-14 7/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92037
AR-14L 7/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-16 1/2" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92038
AR-16L 1/2" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-18 9/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92039
AR-18L 9/16" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-20 5/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92040
AR-20L 5/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-24 3/4" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD 92041
AR-24L 3/4" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-28 7/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-28L 7/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-32 1" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-32L 1" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-36 1-1/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A
AR-36L 1-1/8" ACRYLIC ROUND ROD N/A

Regards,

Don't think I have ever seen it in the Plastruct stuff at our LHS. I'm going to Knoxville this week for work(Alcoa to be exact) and will keep a look out for a good LHS.

No worries Saul, I'm starting to hate on the mounts myself. looks like a lamp...:hmmm

I'll throw in my vote with Chris, the lighted acrylics sound great!

As I mentioned to Laura, my apologies for just finding this. I tend to come on, check out The Models We Make and skip the GBs. Turning over a new leaf! I've missed some really great stuff!

Bob

Back