• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's Big Bone...

Some of the red peeled off, easy enough fix. My problem is getting the triangle the same on the other side. Symmetry is not my friend. Thanks guys, it's been decided to just hang the dang thing!

Can you make a template from a manilla folder or the like, that way you could reverse it from side to side, making them the same? Can't see both sides at once, ya know!! :D

Friscut <sp> paper would be better. If there is a car paint shop in town, try asking if they would give you a small piece. Slightly tacky it will cut down on the chances of seepage.
James

Friskit is a good way to do it if you want to stick something to the model, but the symmetry thing comes into play. The manilla template allows you to spray thru it at low pressure, then flip it over for the other side of the tail, making both alike. Kind of like using a circle template to paint road wheels.

No, I have no been stuck in the mud with the halftrack and gun.
Finally got the engine nacelles installed. hind sight being what it is I should installed these prior to sealing up the mid section, I could haver gotten more pressure to close up the gap between surfaces.
DSCF0282.JPG

DSCF0283.JPG

DSCF0284.JPG

Close up of the only thing that seems to have worked out on this.
DSCF0285.JPG

DSCF0286.JPG

Well folks, I'm slightly dissapointed in myself. I lost my temper the other day. Something that I just don't do, especially over plastic. Well in this case it was PE I lost it over. The Eduard afterburner I have been struggling with for so long..one of them fell off, just popped right off, hit the floor and bent all out of whack. That's when I ripped the other three off and threw them in the trash.

When I think of all the time...oh well, on to the kit parts!

You may recall that I am in constant practice mode for Natural Metal Finish with AlcladII. This is an exercise in heat distorted metal.

DSCF0303.jpg

Sweet looking ain't they?? Red, White Blue and clear green, then Alclad clear base. Then...
DSCF0304.jpg

And another misting of Jet Exhaust
DSCF0305.jpg

The effect is there when you see it in person but...it's just not there...think the color bands are too thick and maybe not the right colors.

Anywho...they are glued on the Bone.

DSCF0316.jpg

Dang tail plane wingspan is wider than most WWII aircraft wingspan.

DSCF0317.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

And here we are all shinny and clean, ready for some decals.

DSCF0340.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

Did I mention this thing is BIG! :pilot

thanks for looking, let me know what you think. I'm going for the kill tomorrow!

No I've never heard how big it might be as compared to a 1/72 scale Spit...

By the way, it sounds like you might be ready to open up a dental office. Always in practice !

Cheers, Christian :nothingtoad

PeeEee, schmee-ee! I can barely comprehend the size of that thing, let alone the artistry that hath brought it forth. Nice burny look on dem flame-throwers! :side:

just great! those exhausts look awesome!

in the first pic they remind me of an ice cream they sold back in my childhood days! :mpup

just great! those exhausts look awesome!

in the first pic they remind me of an ice cream they sold back in my childhood days! :mpup

Dolomiti! :laugh:

Hey Bob, looks great! I personaly would have choosen more blue than green, but anyway they look good!

OT (sorry for hijacking bob!)

Dolomiti! :laugh:

Dolomiti was great - my most favorite - until they changed the ingredients but i wrote of another ice cream ... the only thing i remember is that it was from Schöller and not Langnese and that it was put out of the market around 1979/1980 ... if only i could remember the name!

Back