• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram 1/48 F-111 kit #5815

Thank you gents!
Yes Bob they’re MM enamels. I’m trying to work my way thru the last of my stock.
I’ve got a few assorted bottles live been hoarding and slowly moving over to acrylics sort f the old dog new tricks thing.
Duke, the few masking tape pulled up the black bottom paint in a few spots but that’s an easy fix.

Actually I'm looking to go back to Enamels. Been battling this acrylic stuff long enough. It has it's use but doing complex camos like this and german stuff. Color me gone. :coolio

Looks good from here Greg (y) Every time I start considering switching to acrylics I read another thread about all the issues and I decide to stick with enamels, trouble with MM is they have discontinued a number of colors and they are getting difficult to find as the supply chain runs out of them.

Looks good from here Greg (y) Every time I start considering switching to acrylics I read another thread about all the issues and I decide to stick with enamels, trouble with MM is they have discontinued a number of colors and they are getting difficult to find as the supply chain runs out of them.

Let me guess...RLM colors? :bang head

Good one.
Word I’m hearing is the parent company of Testors RPM, is going to phase out manufacture of MM all together. Apparently the suits don’t think there enough profit in hobby paints.

So far I haven't had any problems getting RLM colors. There was a posting I read online some time back that listed the discontinued colors but I haven't had any luck finding it again.

Thanks Christian!
Gary, the word I’ve been hearing is RPM is slowly phasing out production. Apparently they’re dropping selected colors and as time passes they’ll drop more.
It’s a shame because I’ve been using MM enamels since they first came out. What can you do? Pactra had some really fine paints in the day and they went away.
I hate the way these big conglomerates buy up smaller company’s and then trash them.

I got a chance to get to the bench today and did a few touch up were I had some paint lift. Moved on to the wheel wells, masked and painted them. and then shot on a coat of Pledge what ever the hell they're calling it this week to prep for decals.

How could you tell, Bob?

For 33 year old decals they did ok for the most part. I had a couple that went down fine but wrinkled a little as they dried. I haven't seen that before. And there is a little silvering here and there as well. On the whole though, I'm not at all displeased with the result. Given the age and storage conditions they have endured, I should say I'm quite pleased.

Thanks Dave!

h6dedd01.jpg

I'm gonna call her done! Glamor shots are in the completion thread.

Very nicely done!

I was interested in the main rear landing gear. They are somewhat unique by the looks of it. Almost acting as 1 main gear in a way....

(y)

Thank you gentlemen!

Yeah Bob, it’s newish. We got rid of the old stuff 5 years ago. Bought this to replace it. But your favorite table is in storage in the garage.

Interesting . When I was at Nellis I was in the 474 ( NA ) which was then sporting F-4D's.... Prior to getting the first of the operational F-16's . They disbanded shortly afterwards....

Pardon my side trip. Strange for me to see those markings to me . We were not SAC. though.

The bird is looking good (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back