• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelers Alliance YouTube Channel

Are you Interested in participating and proving material for a Modelers Alliance YouTube Channel?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would watch but not provide material

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
I'm thinking of starting a MA channel on Youtube. I the idea is for individuals who are interested in making and posting model related video a common place to do so that also helps promote our awesome website and community we have here. types of videos include but not limited to building and painting methods as well as reviews of any kits,books and products also show report and interviews. Only MA members in good stand will be granted access to the channel to post material but the general public will be able to view the videos at any time. I feel this will be a good avenue to give some publicity to the Modelers Alliance website. So for now please take part in the poll so that the level of interest can be gauged before proceeding with setting up the channel. The Polling will last for 5 days.

Thanks Everyone in Advance for Your Input!!
:victory:

I voted yes, but I haven't done any type of instructional video before and am not sure how well I could pull one off.

I'd love to do something of figure painting, just not sure if I can get it together enough.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Eric. We tried to launch one years ago but maybe it was too early and our old software just couldn't support it. I'll do what I can, I think once we have some videos out there it will inspire more to give it a go.

Thanks to everyone who has voted thus far! Voting is still open, I still would like to hear from as many members as I can...:good:
Don't worry about contributing now or if you think your not good with videos. It's more for an area where MA members can experiment and post videos under a common theme and support the site and give it some publicity to hopefully attract new members.

Eric I also think it's a great idea, although I am not sure a junior-learner like myself could really contribute. Most of the sound on that last bit that I recorded during our build day has my goofy jokes and MP in the background, so not sure if it really appropriate, but I do think it's a neat idea. I would be very willing to shoot/upload some of you showing how-to stuff, is that what you are referring to?

Eric I also think it's a great idea, although I am not sure a junior-learner like myself could really contribute. Most of the sound on that last bit that I recorded during our build day has my goofy jokes and MP in the background, so not sure if it really appropriate, but I do think it's a neat idea. I would be very willing to shoot/upload some of you showing how-to stuff, is that what you are referring to?
you videoed me?? 😱

If you have created the channel, please provide the link for it.

I haven't created the channel as of yet. I'm seeing how much interest there is before I commit the time and effort...though it's looking like it will happen.

... Most of the sound on that last bit that I recorded during our build day has my goofy jokes and MP in the background, so not sure if it really appropriate, but I do think it's a neat idea. I would be very willing to shoot/upload some of you showing how-to stuff, is that what you are referring to?

That's definitely something we could do. The "goofy jokes" soundtrack can be removed and replace by some goofy music.

Ok so the poll is over. Nobody thought it was a dumb/bad Idea so we're going press forward. I reached out to our own Brokeneagle, Ian for some art work, and Sharkmouth Saul has made the space/page on YouTube. I'll start getting that organized. In the meantime everyone interested in doing videos get started and we'll begin posting them and getting the word out.

Thanks Again Everyone...now lets have some fun!
:victory:

giphy.gif

Back