• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MIG Late King Tiger (July 1945)

New at this and learning a lot from this thread. Looking forward to weathering the hull and painting the tools on the tank.

h800258d_2017-08-21.jpg

Ian.

Aww shucks :blush:
Thanks Ian!

New at this and learning a lot from this thread. Looking forward to weathering the hull and painting the tools on the tank.

The weathering will be a challenge for me, I'm still a novice when it comes to that stage. Just going to do a lot of research and go slow and deliberate.

Thanks for looking in!

Hi Everyone!

Its been a long long time since I posted on this thread, or did any work on this Tiger for that matter. As most of you know, I am working hard to get a number of armor builds finished up this year and this Tiger is one of those builds.

Last time I posted I was getting ready to start the weathering. First step there is the pin wash. I had started the pin wash before I stopped working on this build, using Wilders Dark Brown wash. Unfortunately I hadn’t cleaned off all of the excess and after more then 2 years, I has dried to the point where is won’t. Oh well, the following weathering steps should reduce any obvious boo boos.

I finished up the pin wash with the same Dark Brown Wash from Wilder, then after a day or so of curing, I installed the gun barrel and sealed everything with a coat of Vallejo Satin Varnish. I prefer the satin to a matt finish on vehicles that are still in use, or relatively new. I think it looks more realistic. The gun barrel is the 105mm “what if” gun that was included in the kit, painted in Mig’s Grey Base color.

On to the photos –

full

full

full

full

I think its turning out pretty well. Feels good to be making some progress on this again.

Thanks for looking, hopefully my next post won’t be in another 2 years!
Mike

Last edited:
I feel like the green is a little bright, I'm hoping that weathering will tone it down a little bit. Its all a learning process, we'll see how it goes.

That certainly is a eye catching scheme. I think the choice of colors will blind and weather up nicely...More Please!
🍿 😎 🍺

Back