• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MIG-25 FOXBAT 1/144 SCALE!

iambrb

Oh POOP! I really thought that this was in MAY!!!! Oh well, here is my entry:

h415fa76.jpg

hf8cc023.jpg

It is all of two main trees and one small tree for the canopy, it number about 30 total parts, so as long as the fit isn't too bad, I think I can manage it!

h7becd81.jpg

as a size comparison, I have my car's key there, with the canopy on it:

h9cd1c31.jpg

Well, I was wanting to try my hand at bare metal finish again...looks like I get my chance! :pilot

OK so here she is with 90 minutes of build time. The fuselage required some sanding, and I had to re-scribe a few lines, but otherwise she went together OK. Note that there is NO interior, so I am thinking I will make this appear like a 'static' plane, by painting over the cockpit in black, then masking it and proceeding with the BMF. Hope to have that process thru pretty soon.

h382979c.JPG

hb656a97.JPG

h34332ac.JPG

h785a6f0.JPG

h1195b7f.JPG

Wave my magic wand...once, twice, three times.....PA-POWWWWW!!!!!

So here she is...neat little build! the Al-Clad worked much better this go 'round, I have an F-86 in the stash I may have to try next! I used the kit supplied decals for all but the nose cone. In retrospect, I really should have painted all the red & gray leading edges, + the black @ the cockpit, as the decals were pretty darn thick there, but the Rooskie stars looked good and layed down nice & flat.

Not complaining though, this was a FUN little model...thoroughly enjoyed myself!

hef089af.JPG

h385b5f7.JPG

haead25c.JPG

he749a61.JPG

ha04214b.JPG

he43cb43.JPG

I know I should have posted some in-progress pics, but man this thing went together fast! The actual Mig-25 really wan't that great of an aircraft, but it met the intended design goals, at least though so that, at the moment it became operational, US Spy planes avoided it's operational areas, proving it was successful in it's task!!!

So here she sits, ready for high-altitude interception!

Back