• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

me 262a 1/32 hasegawa calling this one done

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa update 2/11

Beautifully done. Doesnt look like there were fit issues at all. (y) (y) (y)
James

(y) your previous post, Always hate to see an update get over looked Joe.

:popcorn

thanks for the kind words.

mp been around this medium for a long time. no worries with no responses. i tend to watch the view count.

joe

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa update 2/17 piece of..

ok my update.

now i want no one to take this wrong. not a bash of my so called abilities.

I SUCK AT BUILDING GERMAN AIRCRAFT. I SUCK AT PAINTING THEM. I SUCK AT GERMAN AIRCRAFT.

now with that being said i will relate the last few days. got the cammo painted. it looks decent. tried to replicate the squiggly little paint splotches. miserable failure. went with a sponge so i could try again. miserable failure. broke the antenna off. went to attach the landing gear. miserable failure. simply put this particular build has been fighting me tooth and nail for the last few days. the engine nacilles are off by a bit. the paint sucks. after the pictures were taken the landing gear collapsed, yet again.

here is the miserable piece of plastic.

painted-1_zps0e9e6e56.jpg

painted-2_zpsccc772fc.jpg

so there you have it. i am not repainting the dang thing again. i have the landing gear in place for the moment. as long as i dont touch it they will stay in the right place. i am going to move on, gloss coat, place decals, and maybe weather a bit, not much but a bit.

i am hating german a/c and hasegawa kits right at the moment.

joe

Joe you're doing good to take on this scheme, not an easy one to pull off. I think you may have too much paint on the sponge. dab the sponge on some paper or cardboard till you can barely see the paint then hit the model with it.

Other than that, how's your day going Joe ? Sending some karma ( I have days like that too :sick: )

:zen :zen :zen

Cheers, Christian B)

mp you are probably right. at the point the mottle was going on i was fighting pretty hard with the landing gear. i would glue, let dry, move to the next step (the mottle), then when i was working with the mottle the gear would collapse. frustration.

christian i need all the karma i can at this moment.

my plan stays, the paint remains as is and i move on to the next step, decals.

joe

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa update 2/21 decals

now for a small update.

the decals are on. and after multiple sessions with decal solvent i am moving on. the pictures are prior to a fresh coating of future.

post-decal-4_zps68d9a23f.jpg

post-decal-3_zps7adceef2.jpg

post-decal-2_zpsc79751b9.jpg

post-decal-1_zps077b7a8a.jpg

after this was dry i used a piece of sandpaper to bring out the rivit details. it worked decently. after that i sprayed testors dull coat. i removed the masking for the clear parts and discovered that the interior of the center piece of the canopy fogged and shows the glue ran just a bit. i sanded it down a bit and then hit it heavily with future to try to minimize the damage. i notice that the point where the glue hit the clear plastic it took a yellowish tone. this thing seems to be fighting me all the way through.

as far as i am concerned all that is left is a couple of minor parts. then i am thinking i am going to call it finished.

next update will be the final installment.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

It looks like a good looking shark!

Regards,

Looks interesting! Are those the kit markings or are they aftermarket? I have always wanted to model that Me 262 that was used as a trainer.

Matrixone

kit markings matrix. interesting is a good way to put this build.

joe

Back