• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

me 262a 1/32 hasegawa calling this one done

fightnjoe

well my friends. after a long long wait this intimidating bird is back to the front.

pawing through what i have done so far and looking at what needs to be done from here.

was planning to do a full detail job on the engines but to be honest i dont have the knowledge and they wont be seen. the plan is now to make this a basic build. one that will give me more practice on the basic skills.

here is what has been accomplished so far.

some very basic engine work

base-engine-1.jpg

base-engine-3.jpg

base-engine-5.jpg

and some cockpit work.

pit-1.jpg

pit-2.jpg

pit-3.jpg

ip1.jpg

ip2.jpg

pit-finished-1.jpg

pit-finished-2.jpg

pit-finished-3.jpg

pit-finished-4.jpg

pit-finished-5.jpg

pit-finished-6.jpg

more to come.

joe

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa

:popcorn

Watching this Joe. Have one in the closet but I'm thinking I would rather have the Trumpeter kit.

Cheers, Christian B)

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa

many thanks for the kind words. christian knowing very little about any of these i think is going to help me in the end. i can focus on the basic building techniques.

joe

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa update 1/26

well this has been an interesting day.

spent quite a bit of time trying to work on a computer for the office. wouldnt get on the internet at all. finally came home and started to play with this. the last couple of nights i had worked on the seat, today i got that painted. then my youngest boy took a look at the computer and fixed it within five minutes. something simple. (for him anyway) at that point i started to work the two fuse sides and glued them together. puttied, sanded, and then brushed some paint to see how that looked. discovered a fingerprint, sanded that, did some touchup, and then reputtied and resanded, repainted. then i decided to dry fit the lower part of the wing. big and nasty discovery.

first the seat in place.

c5.jpg

c4.jpg

then the fitting of the fuse sides, added the panels covering the gun platform.

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

then my discovery.

c3.jpg

oh my god are those large. seems the lower part was molded just a size or two too small. at least towards the nose. this should prove interesting.

comments, criticism, and critiques are encouraged.

joe

I only have one comment Joe... Ooh... :stinker Looks like you got a fight on your hands.

I see in your future...

http://www.amazon.com/Excel-70060-4-Speed-Clamp/dp/B000XQ5AQA/ref=sr_1_10?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1359292232&sr=1-10

I'm running into the same thing on my F86, glue, clamp, move on to the next side.

it will definitely be a fight.

mp i am thinking that i will need to shim and then rework the wing roots on both sides. this is why we pay the big bucks...............right?

joe

then my discovery.

c3.jpg

oh my god are those large. seems the lower part was molded just a size or two too small. at least towards the nose. this should prove interesting.

comments, criticism, and critiques are encouraged.

joe

Joe, without seeing the wings in place and the roots, it looks like the fuselage is spread to wide to mate with the wing underside. Seems to me you can compress the fuselage into shape but will that cost you a gap at the wing root?

Make sure the wing root to fuselage joint ( on top ) is not what's causing the problem . :coolio

mp i thought this too but i ruled that out. if i would have done the fuse sides in a way that the gap was removed the front gear door would have had to be recut. it would have closed it completely.

joe

christian i havent gotten either the top or bottom wing joint glued yet. this is just dry fit and i havent even pulled the top wing section out of the box.

thanks for the thoughts guys. i havent seen a fit like this in a while.

joe

I built this kit a long time ago and did not have any fit issues like your model has, something has kept the lower fuselage from being as narrow as it should. I do remember sanding the cockpit parts on mine to get a good fit during dry fitting of the fuselage parts.
If you leave your model with the wing root area too wide it will effect the dihedral of the wings and make them look way too flat.

Matrixone

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa update 2/03

it is definitely nasty. and thank you for the kind words.

well just a brief update.

after a conversation with a man who is much more adept at german ww2 fighters than i, the colors were decided. so after about six hours of fighting my clumsyness the detail is in the wheel wells, and they are painted.

wheel-wells-1_zps5c60c32f.jpg

wheel-wells-2_zps8b400c7a.jpg

wheel-wells-3_zpsf91bdc32.jpg

wheel-wells-4_zps41057134.jpg

this is not intended to be accurate. just something to give the illusion something is there. now i can get onto the little suprise from the last update.

comments, critiques, and criticism encouraged.

joe

Re: me 262a 1/32 hasegawa update 2/11

just a brief update.

i see a kit scheme that i actually have the paints for. i am thrilled.

so with that being said some progress has been made. i think i fixed the gaps. i finished the major construction. the landing gear is only there for keeping the build up off the engines.

so here is where i am at the moment.

paint-5_zps41df196f.jpg

paint-4_zps73a02f89.jpg

paint-3_zps11c782ee.jpg

and where the gaps were.

paint-2_zpsae75c853.jpg

paint-1_zpsd02027ed.jpg

well there she is. dont be distracted by the color on the top of the wings. that wont be there much longer. i am planning on getting some more paint booth time very soon.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

Back