• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Making a Flying Suitcase

One can understand why a Vector engine might not fit but it's puzzling that when the parts are made to fit that they don't. I'm currently working on a Classic Airframes kit and a Special hobby kit and both had similar problems x2, on one I ground down the cylinder heads and the other I ground out the inside of the cowling. A lot of extra work that shouldn't have been needed.

Expected with the Classic Hairloss kit! :bang head

Like they're from two different kits !! :facepalm

Ian.

That's usually my take . I just do not understand :idonno

What puzzles, me about this one is how beautiful the engines are :v If I had not cut them off the sprues, I would have thought they were rein . Complete with a couple of tiny pin holes :skipper

Cheers, Christian B)

One can understand why a Vector engine might not fit but it's puzzling that when the parts are made to fit that they don't. I'm currently working on a Classic Airframes kit and a Special hobby kit and both had similar problems x2, on one I ground down the cylinder heads and the other I ground out the inside of the cowling. A lot of extra work that shouldn't have been needed.

Exactly ! The entire model has a very well done and exacting detail. Maybe a bit heavy but good .

Can't explain the fit issues :idonno May need to find an SBS on making clear. It appears to be too wide plastic fit the airframe. It appears to be too wide. :bat

Cheers, Christian B)

I believe I just learned a new term from you Edd . In general I think that most of the limited run kit really mean limited fit :smack

Maybe that bunch went to work for Valom when the other place went belly up :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I believe I just learned a new term from you Edd . In general I think that most of the limited run kit really mean limited fit :smack

Maybe that bunch went to work for Valom when the other place went belly up :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I've done 1 Classic Hairloss kit (1/48 Mig-3) and had nuthin' but problems. Can't say anything about Valom as I haven't built them yet but, could be...

Ian.

What puzzles, me about this one is how beautiful the engines are :v If I had not cut them off the sprues, I would have thought they were rein . Complete with a couple of tiny pin holes :skipper

Cheers, Christian B)

Wouldn't you think they would take the molds for one engine and share them across all aircraft whether they fit or not? Just to save on the production time.

Ian.
:beer

Cheers, Christian B)

Wouldn't you think they would take the molds for one engine and share them across all aircraft whether they fit or not? Just to save on the production time.

That is exactly what I have been wondering . It is worthy of an after market detail but has other things on the sprue . There must be a way to do that . :hmmm

Ian.

Cheers, Christian B)

Here Chris, have a couple of 'Ritas on me.

Rita_2.jpg

Rita_Hayworth.jpg

:drinks

Hubba .......... Hubba ....... :skipper ......... :eek:ldguy ....I hate cell phones I tried to type in hub hub and it put Hubbard Hubbard ........ :eek:ldguy

And the engine to cowl fit is exceptional :woohoo:

Hampden_engine_fit_001a.jpg

As you can see, the fight is just beginning :fencing I predict some adventures in grinding :S

Cheer, Christian B)

It makes you wonder if these kit manufacturers ever build the kits before they "mass produce" and sell them...

Good luck Christian!

And the engine to cowl fit is exceptional :woohoo:

Hampden_engine_fit_001a.jpg

As you can see, the fight is just beginning :fencing I predict some adventures in grinding :S

Cheer, Christian B)

It makes you wonder if these kit manufacturers ever build the kits before they "mass produce" and sell them...

Good luck Christian!

Thanks Mike. the fight goes on. The even bigger problem is restoring thre rivet detail after making the pieces fir together :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Not much progress today but it looks a bit better.

A Dremel is definitely your friend till it slings an engine across the room and ricochet off two walls

Thankfully nothing broke off :woohoo:

Hampden_engine_resto_002a.jpg

The left cowling is nearly ready for primer . It took a lot to restore the engravings . Next one tomorrow :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

Aww power tools- what would we do without them??? I'm glad that you're okay dude beautiful work ........ Christian ...... Carry on ...... :eek:ldguy

Aww power tools- what would we do without them??? I'm glad that you're okay dude beautiful work ........ Christian ...... Carry on ...... :eek:ldguy

It's been long ago but I still remember very sharp pocket knives and Testor's tube glue :sick:

Cheer, Christian B)

Back