• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Making a Flying Suitcase

Man, talk about a moving target! It's hard to say which point is the correct one and how big a grinder to break out. :pinch:

I know you'll sort it out or give it the billy goat treatment. :drinks

Comparing the wing and the cowling the kit sure seems to have an interesting assortment of rivet divots !

This is the last post on this one . This aircraft is not worth the amount of trouble that it would take to build it .

The Airfix version would be easier . Life is just too short for this big a head ache .

Hampden_001a.jpg
shoot.gif

Here, it is done ! Cheers, Christian B)

Well I for one was hoping you'd take one on the chin for the team so airfix would tool up a brand new kit, but now apperantly we're gonna have to wait :smack .

I do understand, I have an Albermale which, strangely enough fits not to badly plastic wise, and even most of the clear parts aren't to bad.....but the canopy is sheite :bang head it will fit on either the right half, or the left half, but not both at the same time, the canopy frames are not parallel from side to side and the sad thing is it's not warped, that's the way it molded..,...

Can't say that I blame you, the 1/48 scale one on my shelf of doom is waiting for me to cast some molds so I can vacuform new canopies, the kit ones are pure trash and all that extra work just takes the fun out of it ! :idonno

Can't say that I blame you, the 1/48 scale one on my shelf of doom is waiting for me to cast some molds so I can vacuform new canopies, the kit ones are pure trash and all that extra work just takes the fun out of it ! :idonno

I hate it Gary I was looking forward to completing this one but I'm not willing to move Heaven and Earth just to complete this.

Perhaps this is the mutt in the family nut there is too much other good plastic in the closet to ponder over this one for an indefinite amount of time.

By the way , this is supposed to be fun

Cheers, Christian B)

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. Sorry you had to spend all that time on it for nothing. :soldier :soldier :soldier

Back