• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lockheed F-5E Lightning 1/48 Minicraft

Right !!!

hfbab72d.JPG

hef57036.JPG

I should of left well enough alone middle groove was Groovy, then I veered off, I tried the wheel bay out, but I think I'll add some gubbins to the inside.

h9b9f81a.JPG

h5d4558b.JPG

h627ca1b.JPG

h2ce0184.JPG

hcd688e4.JPG

So then that brings Us to the pit, not a legends by any way, but better than what the kit had

C&C Welcome - Gerry

The kit is very lacking. Looks good enough from here. :popcorn

You going to try a diamond pattern on those wheels?

That TD pit looks purty good! :hmmm Might haveta git one fer my P-38 some time...
I think yer betta off wit getting the TD wheel set instead of tryin' to regroove the kit's. If they got the weighted ones, get 'em!

Yeah, I remember that Legend pit... I couldn't believe the difference it made!! :beer

Yeah Ed, I still have the Phantom on the shelf, not of shame, because it is a project in the works, You know there is a lot of re-scribing left on the fuse plus fix the gap that's no problem, I just have lots of other projects first.

Ok I think I have the fiasco fixed, you guys are so lucky only having one Computer, for your Photos,

h60fbc50.JPG

h11baaab.JPG

ha86f08d.JPG

I started Cutting out the true details Pit

hf9a9460.JPG

h28b0915.JPG

h9d225f5.JPG

I used some clear canopy cement to temporally attach the side panels to the office floor. I may have been too quick to say this won't be a very good pit, true not legend's quality, but it will make a good Office

Yep, likeI said, I remember that kit &the pit since I did the same thing. Definitely alot of rescribing! :gogo :S When yer ready to start up again, I'll do what Ican ta help ya with it... :eek:ldguy :soldier

I don't need any help with it I was having trouble scribing the round surfaces and staying in the lines the true details pit will need some extra work anyway.

I don't need any help with it I was having trouble scribing the round surfaces and staying in the lines the true details pit will need some extra work anyway.

I just used a piece of Plumber's tape as a straight edge on the curved surfaces :good:

Yeah, looking at your pics, the TD pit for the P-38 looks like it needs somethin'... :hmmm

It will look better after the seat is in place and the radio equipment are added, it was only 14.97 are something like that. could be the mold wasn't cleaned well but also remember this is One forty eight, I'll practice on this one, get a few trains of the bench, and a sub & battleship. :soldier :pilot :captain

It will look better after the seat is in place and the radio equipment are added, it was only 14.97 are something like that. could be the mold wasn't cleaned well but also remember this is One forty eight, I'll practice on this one, get a few trains of the bench, and a sub & battleship. :soldier :pilot :captain

(y) Sounds like a plan Gerry :drinks
Both my P-38s are 1/48 so, might git me 1 off them sets for it... Check your references before ya glue. I didn't when I added the radios behind the seat, had a time sealing up the fuselage :blush:

Thanks fellers, I didn't cut the end of my finger open, like last time, I going to primer the pit today, I'm researching office color, I have plenty of interior green, seem the destructions are calling for something different. :pilot

Are you going to paint in in the elusive haze paint scheme ? :idonno

I'd love to see someone do one .... :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian ... I'll be doing it in the colors on the Box ... which looks like the elusive haze paint scheme to me ... I'm looking at a explanation of that on another tab ... the model is in Blue-gray ... some photos I found looks like some camo pattern was thrown in ... I'll do the best I can ... :pilot

The color on that box is most likely PRU blue which is the RAF color seen on most of them.
If you search long enough you'll even find some pictures of birds where the sides were repainted with PRU blue . It's somewhat lighter than the Haze blue .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks fellers, I didn't cut the end of my finger open, like last time, I going to primer the pit today, I'm researching office color, I have plenty of interior green, seem the destructions are calling for something different. :pilot

:huh: Yer learning!! (y) :popcorn with interest :eek:ldguy

Thanks Christian, I like the Haze blue, I don't know where the Time went this morning, :pilot but I didn't get anything done, but research a spacecraft to do for the galaxy build.

Back