• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Considering the dragon tracks fit my AFV Club M16 just fine, I figured it was a pretty safe bet these would as well. I’ve already test fit them and I’m happy.

I got them through Chino Model Facebook page, you have to sign up for a buyee account and then follow email prompts to arrange shipping once they arrive at the warehouse.

Why on Earth would I buy this thing? Click to peek inside and also, note the price I paid!

FineMoldsType89GirlsundPanzer.JPG

This is why...
1683939652833.png

If anyone wants the decal sheets (large and small) let me know.

FineMoldsType89GirlsundPanzerxDecalsA.JPG
FineMoldsType89GirlsundPanzerxDecalsBC.JPG

Last edited:
I have looked at those and they take up too much desk top space, so I have made my own that are 25.5 wide by 5.5 deep by 16 tall and hold 120+ bottles of paint and easy to see. Only problem is that you have to build it yourself from scratch.

I have looked at those and they take up too much desk top space, so I have made my own that are 25.5 wide by 5.5 deep by 16 tall and hold 120+ bottles of paint and easy to see. Only problem is that you have to build it yourself from scratch.
Agreed, I'm looking at how I will mount on the wall. Do you have an illustration of yours?

Agreed, I'm looking at how I will mount on the wall. Do you have an illustration of yours?
Here is what I used to build my rack with photos, If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Paint Rack -01.jpg

Paint Rack -02.jpg

Paint Rack-03.jpg

On another note, I have been building on and redoing my work room. It still needs a little more work, but I have finally gotten my original white shelving units and table moved from my daughter's house, and set them up. The way I set them I thought it would be great to build shelving bridges over the areas between and gain some needed storage for large kit boxes.

The units installed and loaded with kits.
Shelf top bridges-01.jpg

Building the unit that is over the white desk.
Shelf top bridges-02a.jpg

Shelf top bridges-03.jpg

Shelf top bridges-04.jpg

A little gloss white paint and they look great.

Most impressive work Paul! Awesome new space!

Great acquisitions too guys! Way to go!

I apologize for being so absent lately; so many things have happened: so much has been suffered; a game convention out of town was worked; and some extra work came my way; all of which has kept me away from these boards and way out of the loop. I haven't stopped building though, so progress will hopefully be posted soon. Meanwhile, here are some of the things I picked up, or were sent my way...

First is these decals for M113 APC's from Vietnam so I can dress up a few that I have, or possibly use them on other vehicles:

full

Here's more decals so I can make a Marine Corps M48 Patton too:

full

Now to find another 1/72 scale M48A3.....

Another acquisition, thanks to Saul, is this speed control for my Dremel. This also came with a nice engraver and some extra fuses too:

full

An added surprise, was these two 1/72 scale Spitfire fighters, different marks:

full

These were a most unexpected and highly pleasant surprise!

Finally, almost four months later my Christmas order from Hobby Easy came in! These are what I ordered, all in 1/72 scale:

Orange Models Bulldozer D-7:

full

Trumpeter Russian SA-4 Ganef:

full

Trumpeter Russian FROG-7:

full

And another Dragon M1293 Stryker Dragoon. I had already gotten one in another order from another company because I forgot that I'd ordered this from Hobby Easy so it went to a friend:

full

Finally, after another job paid me, I was able to order this Takom M1070 Gun Truck that I wanted:

full

And that is all I got from the end of April till now. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to post some progress pics of some of the models I've been working on in between all the craziness I've been going through this past month.

Thanks for understanding guys!

Useful for old farts to paint raised details such as cockpit knobs, buttons, and doodads. I'm not sure if it will handle whatchamacallits, thingamajigs, dohickeys, or other gizmos. However, it is acrylic paint!

1685484208513.png

Thank you John! You're going to enjoy that D-7. I already have it almost finished if you want to check out my thread to see it.

Saul, those look pretty awesome. I might have to consider them. I have a major job starting tomorrow which will hopefully bring in a sizable paycheck, so stay tuned!

And finally, the last of my backordered kits came in. This is the Armory 1/72 scale Shilka:

full

Looking through the instructions; I'm not looking forward to starting this. Stay tuned, I expect I will anyway since I've been needing one of these in my collection.

There has been a lot of tragedy in our lives of late. One of the "weird uncles" died as he and his partner were moving into managed care. The other "weird uncle's" health is rapidly declining. and SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) has been managing the closure of their house and the sale while taking care of memorial services and a massive infestation of fleas in their house, has turned 70! Plus our anniversary is just around the corner. HERSELF asked me what I would like for the big day... There is nothing I need, nor want that I can't get myself, so I threw a couple of things out there. knowing that they were too expensive (after having spent $2100 on tires for the Armada and the Travel trailer). She got me this... it came today. Well, the overtrees did with masks and a fancy seat. Now I just need to find decals!

edu11171__12015.jpg

Last edited:
Back