• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Feeling kinda cute... might review them... but which one first?
AsiaAtWar39EaglesofDestinyPakAFV2a.JPG

Click photo to see inside the box!
AMK88010Annetra48Mi-17a.JPG

Last edited:
This beauty just showed up today, probably gonna just drop everything I’m working on and crack into it like I always do 😂

I preordered it from Libor so I received the resin wheels and the figure as well.

The tractor kit was either to get the minimum for free shipping or just because I was there and couldn’t help myself, not really sure to be honest 😁

2F6D3D2E-9B1A-4919-A24E-7A9412D59371.jpeg

He announced the offer on Facebook, I think it was a link to preorder and get the figure and wheels but essentially yes, I believe it was direct through him/his website.

This beauty just showed up today, probably gonna just drop everything I’m working on and crack into it like I always do 😂

I preordered it from Libor so I received the resin wheels and the figure as well.

The tractor kit was either to get the minimum for free shipping or just because I was there and couldn’t help myself, not really sure to be honest 😁

View attachment 159010
I cant wait to see that build. I have the Quads but have not built them. I found that gun/truck combo kind of cool, but just not cool enough to buy it knowing it would just adorn the stash pile lol.
James

Saul it was dormant, as was the company, for a couple years at least. Most thought it had gone under. I think COVID may have had something to do with it but he’s only just dropped small mentions of his absence.

He only just returned recently (with renewed vigor I might add) with these two kits and a few more announced.
looking over this kit I was impressed with the finesse of some of the parts, they’re almost translucent. It reminded me of AFV Clubs M16 half track body panels, they too are paper thin like these.

E1D750D1-78C0-4C6F-9E46-D69B7B293668.jpeg

James,

it’s a pretty involved kit so I’ll be slow at it but I will share it here, and as long as you don’t expect too much from me you won’t be let down 😅

Ill have to get figures for it now, and make a base, and I could get half way through and get distracted with another shiny new thing

@Ken Abrams, Libor was sick for some time prior to COVID-19 and I was communicating through his son. I knew they didn't go under but certainly didn't know he returned, thanks for the update!

Thanks again @Heavens Eagle! I have this set to pick up on Saturday and it is only $2.28USD:
03333697.jpg

@Duke Maddog, I will provide three of these fuses so you have one inthe holder and two spare. The pair leftovers will be my spares. If you wish to use a 'lay-a-way' plan, send a PM. We'll work something out as I'd like you to have this.

Awesome scores guys!

Recently I received some late birthday money, so I set out to get a few things I'd been putting off.

First was these two kits I picked up on sale at Hobbylink Japan:

1/72 scale Scimitar Mk.2:

full

...and this 1/72 scale Ford Model A car:

full

And since my compressor went on the fritz and I was afraid the repair cost was going to be high; I bought something I wanted for awhile: a more powerful, longer lasting portable airbrush from Spraygunner:

full

I got that on sale, and they even threw in an extra airbrush cleaning kit!

Then at Hobby Day Monday this past couple days, a friend of mine who realized he was not going to be building and painting models anymore brought in all this for me. All of this was given to me for FREE!!

First is this old school Dremel and old school soldering iron:

full

Next was something I had been wanting for quite some time now: I finally have a decent spray booth:

full

Oh, did I mention it was collapsible and portable? That was the booth in the closed, portable condition, here it is all opened up:

full

Brand spanking new, never been used.

Speaking of never been used, He also gave me a big box containing in part, these three airbrushes. One is a single action external mix suction feed brush like a Paasche. It has a .8 needle in it. The next one is a double action, gravity feed with a .3 needle in it, followed by another double action, gravity feed brush with a .2 needle in it! All are still in the original boxes! This also included an extra air hose and an instruction booklet on how to airbrush. Yes I will be keeping that and reviewing it occasionally. Each airbrush also includes an adapter to attach to any air hose available:

full

The other part of that big box contained this brand new, never-been-used compressor, along with a an instruction booklet and an airbrush holder that fits on the compressor. An extra addition not in the box is the airbrush cleaning pot that he gave me, along wit a couple things not shown: a large bottle of airbrush cleaner and a smaller bottle of sewing machine oil:

full

Wow, Maddog Manufacturing got quiet the upgrade thanks to a great friend! I can't wait to finish organizing the Hobby Room so I can break in all these fantastic new tools! God is good!!

Back