• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I would love to find a set of Indonesian decals, but I doubt that will happen.
Indonesian? That is a new one to me, unless it is the one captured by ATAIU (Allied Tactical Air Intelligence Unit) and provided to the French,
1687746984737.png

1687746913068.png

Last edited:
Picked one of these up today Italeri' s Fiat 806 180 HP 12 cylinders race car from 1927

s-l1600.png

Got a bit of a weak spot for these old kits, almost got a full starting grid now :) first range of models along with the Airfix Bentley i cant bring myself to chuck out :)

Pietro_Bordino_at_the_1927_Milan_Grand_Prix_cropped.jpg

I know you have limited storage Paddy, but it is ok to have a small collection of what you choose. I was tempted to obtain the 1/12th Bugatti, but just didn't really care for how it looked built up.

I agree about the Bugatti but its a new model unlike the others in the range which date from 12+ years ago so its better detail and comes with PE etc so it just might be a better bet to detail up and leave the panels off in which case the looks might not be so important
at least thats my plan :cool:

I am thinking about retiring next year which means the acres of shelves and storage that is filled with motorcycle parts will give way to acres of model display :) The problem here is what could have been a comftable retirement is under threat now as the UK is slowly going down the plug.
Food inflation here is at 20% ( and in reality a lot higher) my weekly food bills have doubled. Electricity and gas is up 100% on 2 years ago.
Diesel is now $10 a gallon !!...you get the picture
Our problem is too many people in too small a space nearly 70m in a country the size of California mean the schools, hospitals,, surgeries, roads towns, cities are just full up to overflowing. Power stations no longer produce enough power and water reservoirs are too small and dry...........and its only going to get worse and quite quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't much better here mates. I guess the only difference is that our Supreme Court has been throwing out a bunch of the crap the liberals have been trying to stuff down our throats, and we at least have part of the government "somewhat" on our side.
Prices though have gone up here as well. While not quite the same as in your area Paddy, it still is hitting hard. Just goes to show the difference between Accountants, Engineers, "actual" businessmen, and lawyers running the show. The first 3 make things work, the last just make more problems while solving the problems that they created.
I wasn't planning on even thinking about retirement for another 3 1/2 years (when I hit 70) Luckily I somewhat enjoy what I do for a living and have the health and skills to do so for a lot longer. I have also mostly passed on most of the vaccinations, flu and otherwise for years and am in good health. I rarely get sick and it is usually not anything to worry about. Yeah, the Delta WuFlu kind of sucked, but better than the things I have been reading about Jab side effects. (and those are quite scary)
So for the mean time I work and keep at it for what else can I do. I at least can work and have a job that can't be done by A.I. or most other people.

Come on guys! No politics. :smack::smack:

Agreed! I come here to escape that crap! With that being said, here's my latest.....

First off, this is a gift from a friend of mine who invested in the kickstarter that got this tool made. He knew it would be a fantastic tool for modelers and so he got it for me:

full

Some time back I made a large (at least to me) paycheck. After poaying for certain things that I needed and couldn't afford before (such as a new bench seat for my truck) I decided to give myself an early anniversary present with some of that cash while stashing away everything else. These are my chosen presents that just came in:

Zvezda Soviet Motorcycle and Sidecar with crew:

full

I have American, British and German motorcycles, now I have a Soviet one.

Military Wheels Soviet Field Kitchen:

full

Roden Pigeon Bus:

full

Once this is done, I'll have all the Roden buses completed in my scale......until they release more.

ACE AMX self propelled gun. This one will be Israeli, although I have plans to get another for my French Army:

full

ACE AMX-13 DCA twin AA mount. This will be French:

full

ACE Soviet gun Br-2:

full

ACE Soviet Gun Br-5:

full

ACE Eland-90 Armored Car:

full

Interestingly enough, there's no South African decals for this car according to the instructions. I'll have to cobble some together....

ACE Ford V-8 Stakebed truck:

full

Finally, two each of the ACE Centuron Sho't Kal Gimmel/Dalet:

full

I'll be making one the Gimmel and one the Dalet; there are parts for each in the kit. I'm actually excited to be digging into these.

That's all for now, I'll see you on the next tour....

20230704_103316.jpg
Hornby's has a US distributorship in Washington state. Shipping charges are quite reasonable. Good show, Hornby's!
It seems I caught the Airfix Spitfire virus from Paddy and Greg. :lol:
I bought a 1/72 Meteor F.8 as well.

Hor
It seems I caught the Airfix Spitfire virus from Paddy and Greg. :lol:
I am over that now and feeling much better, i had worried about getting " long Spitfire" but all is well, i bought an Italeri Car and feel revved up to start it soon.

4702_box.jpg

Doing a bit of research on this however they built just one , it raced once and they scrapped it. The engine was stripped of useful parts and the rest went in a foundry melting pot.

On the plus side no one can say..well you got that wrong when i build it 🤣

Back