• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I’ve been waiting forever for someone to make a kit of this, don’t know how it’ll build up but I didn’t hesitate making this purchase.

I’ll have to dig in to it later to get a better idea of what it looks like, I just got home from work and I have lawns to mow. 😒

IMG_0383.jpeg
IMG_0384.jpeg

I’ve been waiting forever for someone to make a kit of this, don’t know how it’ll build up but I didn’t hesitate making this purchase.

I’ll have to dig in to it later to get a better idea of what it looks like, I just got home from work and I have lawns to mow. 😒

View attachment 161114View attachment 161115
Looks lovely! Any markings included? I doubt either of these would be!

M76 USMC 221889 Cong Killer A.jpg
M76 USMC 221889 Cong Killer B.jpg
M76 USMC 348024 Cong Killer .jpg

Where did you get the 1/35 Otter Ken? That is just cool!
New arrivals from Model Monkey!
20230725_170407.jpg
1/700 USS Arizona Memorial.....
20230725_170318.jpg
1/700 Fletcher class DD Anti-kamikaze midships twin 40mm gun tubs and director shack....
20230725_170354.jpg
1/350 Tamiya USS Fletcher class destroyer mod's for a late war USS Johnston DD-557.
Prices are very reasonable and shipping is speedy!
model-monkey.com

Where did you get the 1/35 Otter Ken? That is just cool!
I got it from;

The company hobby link is new and operates only on Facebook at this time to my knowledge, Scott Woodward of Wanamaker has been importing his kits.

It has been quite a while since I had my photo table set up and I have a few items that needed to be put in the list. Some of these go back several months now.

Aq-477.jpg

Aq-478.jpg

Aq-479.jpg

Aq-480.jpg

Aq-481.jpg

Aq-482.jpg

Aq-483.jpg

Aq-484.jpg

Aq-485.jpg

Aq-486.jpg

Aq-487.jpg

Aq-488.jpg

Aq-489.jpg

Aq-490.jpg

Aq-491.jpg

Aq-492.jpg

The newer additions to the Halloween kits are not set up to join in on this assembly. To make them work would require making some new bases possibly could join them in but it will take some thought and work. I was just glad to get these all together finally. As it is the "Creature", and "Headless Horseman" are now RETIRED which means no more will be made. Some of the others like "Frankie and the Bride" are getting close to the Retired point.

Cool stuff! We are all waiting to see you actually build another model! The Tamiya 1/72 Thunderbolt was stellar!!
Still working on the house and garage. Started working on the hobby room that I need to revise the tools and get it all put up away and organized. It has been many years of stuff just hanging in the edges that I am slowly getting it weeded and put up. Had too much crap and no way to weed it out until recently. Once the weather cools back down I need to get a bunch finished in the garage as I have to fit an old car in there. Trying to avoid buying kits these days unless they are something that I have a big interest in. Hopefully once the cold sets in I will be set and get busy again. I am planning on restarting the Ju87A build as I just got the correct instrument panel for it from Quinta Studios. It has been rumbling around in the back of my mind for a while now.

Shoutout to @Rhino for his assistance in sourcing a 1/700 Fujimi USS Kitty Hawk. The kit is supposed to be representative of her 1998 fit which should be identical to when I walked off her gangway in spring 1997 after a WESTPAC deployment. CV-63 changed home ports after that deployment from North Island to Japan replacing the USS Constellation. Thanks again!

Shoutout to @Rhino for his assistance in sourcing a 1/700 Fujimi USS Kitty Hawk. The kit is supposed to be representative of her 1998 fit which should be identical to when I walked off her gangway in spring 1997 after a WESTPAC deployment. CV-63 changed home ports after that deployment from North Island to Japan replacing the USS Constellation. Thanks again!
Aw shucks, Chris. T'weren't hardly nuthin'. Just doin' my part.

I think you will enjoy those Miniart Stugs. Very very detailed but the plastic is so sof when cleaning up and lots of fine parts. The construction though is very impressive. I have one almost done but I lost interest somewhere along the line and aircraft have started calling out to me lately.
James

I didnt take pics of all the AM stuff , but here are the latest.
20230819_073826.jpg
20230819_073837.jpg
20230819_073855.jpg
20230819_074003.jpg

I have all of the Aeroscale AM for the TBD-1 and new decals. I guess I should stop teasing and state that it is next up. Have decals and some AM on the way for the Lib but have more to get. It will be up soon though. Making it into a GR VI RCAF aircraft with a sharks mouth. I'm just not sure where I will put these when done though. Might need another house and turn it into a hanger.
Here is the TBD AM. just click on image to see web page. I am looking at building 5-T-7.
1692453318971.jpeg
1692453375244.jpeg
1692453408490.jpeg
1692453437494.jpeg
1692453566396.jpeg
James

Back