• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Same - one in my stash too!
I have enough of the WNW kits and more than enough extra large aircraft kits, that I don't need a one off that is like another kit except for what it lands on. I like the weird way that the G1 looks, and hope that someday, the Handley Page molds will be finished up and that aircraft will see the light of day as a kit.

I dont have pictures yet and not sure when I will get some as my shift has changed. But popped for the AH-64E and AH-64E of the world as well as the new takom M48 A3. I have some decals coming for it to make a Marine tank from Vietnam.
James
Okay these are the kits. All I can say is WOW to the detail although I know from reviews some is missing. Still they are incredible kits.
apache1.jpg
apache2.jpg
M481.png
M48.jpg

I chose the decals from Star because I liked the markings. I managed to find a Hunnicut book on the Patton for a good price and have one of those on the way. So I guess stay tuned for a Patton build in the near future.
James

@jknaus, seems I will need to get that sheet and ANOTHER patton! Too many options!

View attachment 158190
<snip>
I guess I forgot to mention that marking to you. It kind of caught my eye also. I think the one that finally won me overe was C23 beside it with the black Ace although I still dont know for sure which one I like best. I'll tell you what Saul, I'll do C23 and mail you the sharkmouth scheme if you dont want to buy a whole sheet.
James

Brilliant decals! Man, I wish I could get that US Marine M48 sheet in 1/72 scale! I have at least four tanks missing from my US Marines because nobody makes 1/72 scale US Marine decals for them!

Anyway, here are a few things that came in for my birthday. First is this ship given to me by a friend and fellow St. Crispin's Irregular:

Renwal USS Shangri La:

full

That will be on one of my slipways very soon.

Next, I placed two orders using birthday money. One was to BNA Modelworks in Australia or New Zealand; I can't remember which. Another was ordered from Kitlinx in Utah. I also have a Christmas order I got from Hobby Easy that was ordered back in December. That one is on the slow boat from China as it still has not been delivered.

However, the BNA order came in a few days ago.....before the Kitlinx one in Utah! Interesting! Here is what was in that BNA order:

Dragon Stryker Dragoon:

full

Finally I have all three! This has even been started as you'll see on the next tour. Now Trumpeter is coming out with an engineer version with a dozer blade. Good thing I just got some more unexpected birthday money!

Three IBG Swedish light tanks, the M-38, M-40K and M-40L:

full

full

full

I have the IBG Swedish M-39 coming from Kitlinx along with a few others, hopefully soon.

That's all until I get the next boxes delivered....

20230314_202740.jpg
This little resin kit came from Ol' Nippon. A recently commissioned JMSDF SURTASS ship. A cool design. The castings themselves are ok. Waterline and full Catamaran hull parts are included. For the near $50.00 price tag, not a huge hit here on the wintry prairie.
20230308_151425.jpg20230308_151430.jpg20230308_151706.jpg
Then I thought I would like to build a 1/35 1946 Willy's Pick-up. Finding a donor kit for frame drivetrain and running gear has been a flop so far.
The 3D print might be the worst I have ever seen. Fishbones, odd stringers and every other huge inaccuracy are making me rethink my Rat Patrol Pickup attempt. This scales out to 1/33 scale, rather than 1/35. The ol' 1/35 Peerless Dodge WC-56/57 Command Car kit wasn't quite the 118 scale inches I seek.
This week was evidently my week to buy Model Turds.

Brilliant decals! Man, I wish I could get that US Marine M48 sheet in 1/72 scale! I have at least four tanks missing from my US Marines because nobody makes 1/72 scale US Marine decals for them!

<snip>

That's all until I get the next boxes delivered....
72-A1017_01.gif

72-A1018_01.gif

Email John and tell him which decals and he will send a total with shipping and then pay by paypal. I find I get the decals here in 2 to 3 weeks.
James

Email John and tell him which decals and he will send a total with shipping and then pay by paypal. I find I get the decals here in 2 to 3 weeks.
James
Straight from Thailand?

Did John Lexell ever tell you I knew he was going to Bangkok when I saw him run through the turnstile sideways?

Straight from Thailand?

Did John Lexell ever tell you I knew he was going to Bangkok when I saw him run through the turnstile sideways?
LOL, no, I only know him from online. He moved back to Sweden a few years ago. Not sure how long it would take from Thailand for mail to reach me.
James

I received these items in the last week or so;

first up is a few hundred dollars worth of halftrack photos, M13’s, M15A1’s and M2’s in North Africa/Italy. The packaging was excellent, like Russian nesting dolls.

1AA20476-B81C-428F-A607-8314103E3E73.jpeg

749D6379-B366-4BE8-A977-624F94BE17D9.jpeg

Some Evolution Miniatures figures for one of my many ongoing projects.

BAA6BD33-DDF3-46F3-97D1-14A672DBCF75.jpeg

A couple of ICM kits that just arrived yesterday

70513C52-B5DE-43E6-8F88-CB58A889C7B2.jpeg

I really need to quit buying stuff. I've been looking for a Hasegawa 1/72 FB-111 for quite awhile, finally got one from KingKits at a non choking price. For some reason Hasegawa has only issued this once, in 1989, though they have continuously been issuing many other versions. The SWS P-51D/K instantly intimidated me when I opened the box, and since it seems no one else will issue a P-47N in 1/32, hence the Trumpeter kit. Of course now next week Tamiya will spring one on us. The R-11 Fuel Truck will add to my airfield support stuff. Looks super in the box.

0011f111.jpg

0019p51.jpg

0017p47.jpg

0011r11.jpg

Oh my! John has jumped into the 1/32 scale kits. (I am sure he has others)
From my experience with a SWS kit, read through the instruction manual and then formulate your assembly order. On the Horton flying wing they had an assembly order for the fuselage framework that would have ended up a horribly misaligned mess. I changed the order and procedure and had minimal fit troubles.

Thanks, Paul. As if I can follow directions! I do build 1/32 from time to time and have most of the Tamiya and Hasegawa 1/32 kits. Chris, the fuel truck looks like a nice combination of detail and buildability, If that is a word.

Back