• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Good information Paul! I'll have to look into one of those.

Meanwhile, another of my birthday orders came in and here it is:

full

I now have all four of these Swedish tanks and might get them started fairly soon. Stay tuned....

James I think I missed the link to the decals. I'll look again.
Great scores guys!

The little drill is a nice little device. Only problem is when the battery dies you either replace it or have to wait to charge it. I gave up battery anything years ago as the batteries were either toast, or were never ready in the occasional instance that I needed the item. My old trusty 30+ year old Craftsman plug in drill works every time and at most I need a little extension cord.

As to the flex shaft, it has nothing to due with the mounting. If you are using tiny drills, the length of the shaft is the problem. That length with the weight/power of the motor at the other end will bounce it the tip jams at all. It is great for doing stuff that needs power or has to run a fairly long time. With tiny drill bits however it is going to break them at some point as there is too much mass and power going on. In addition, you are going to constantly fight the flex shaft's weight and pull.

I did this:

View attachment 158658

View attachment 158660

View attachment 158661
Remember that clear plastic is rather brittle as well, and a small drill can grab and pull as it breaks through the back side. I drilled all these holes with one very thin bit and did not break the bit. I can promise you that a flex shaft would have broken the bit.
With this:

View attachment 158659

While the Dremel has some weight, it stays constant, and the power cord doesn't put any real pull or tension on it. Also when running slower with little load it does not heat up. The speed control sets a constant speed that once you have drilled a few holes, becomes real easy to know how to handle and hold it to feed the bit and not break it. I have used this set up for over 30 years and while I have used some quality jewelry flex shaft units in the past, I wouldn't trust them with any tiny bits.
For sanding, grinding, cutting, and drilling larger holes and such a flex shaft will work well, but I still prefer this setup for the precise control it gives.
This is what I use for drilling small holes. I found a small pin vise that will fit in the largest chuck and use that for the smallest of bits.

s-l500.jpg

AsiaAtWar40TerrorAndResponseIndiaPakistan00.JPG

Followed @Heavens Eagle's advice and bought this on eBay...
DremelSpeedControlFront.JPG

When it didn't work, I check the back and the fuse holder (with fuse) was missing!
DremelFuseMissing.jpg

Fortunately, the eBay seller apologized and refunded the total amount. Now, to find the fuse holder or buy another speed control.

No manual and no idea...

Dremel-Fuse-Holder-Assembly-for-Dremel-219-Speed.webp

Same fuse in Bosch:

Bosch 2615631029 Fuse 3 AG 5 Amp​

Since I have a working unit, it is a 15 amp fuse. The one in my unit also is 32Volt, but I don't think that is a big deal.

Here is a link to replace the Fuse holder: and here is a link for just the Fuse holder Cap black

I gave both as a new cap might work, or since the unit is rather old the dimensions might have changed a little and the new cap might not quite fit.
The cap is listed for $6.95 and the whole fuse holder is $19.95

3544-Lg.jpg

2292-Lg.jpg

Since I have a working unit, it is a 15 amp fuse. The one in my unit also is 32Volt, but I don't think that is a big deal.
I ordered the cap and will exchange if it doesn't fit. I then have to find the fuse. Perhaps in Home Depot or Lowe's? Thanks again!

I will check the voltage on my unit to ensure the fuse can be 15 amp.

I ordered the cap and will exchange if it doesn't fit. I then have to find the fuse. Perhaps in Home Depot or Lowe's? Thanks again!

I will check the voltage on my unit to ensure the fuse can be 15 amp.
I don't think the voltage is all that important. You might also check an auto parts store for the fuse.

I'll take a photo of my setup. I haven't had any issues with the bit wandering.
If you have a set up that lines up well, enjoy it. Years ago I was quite tight on cash and virtually had to use about any kind of crap tool I could press into a job. Made it real hard to do a lot of stuff. These days I am quite picky about the tools I buy and use.

If you have a set up that lines up well, enjoy it. Years ago I was quite tight on cash and virtually had to use about any kind of crap tool I could press into a job. Made it real hard to do a lot of stuff. These days I am quite picky about the tools I buy and use.
Well, I guess I'm a cheaper the better kind of guy.

Last edited:
Well, today I got the replacement fuse holder and it fits! I still don't know which size fuse is required.
3544-lg-jpg.158877

Worse, thinking I couldn't get the part, I had a third party software place bids on another (with a $40USD limit including shipping and taxes). I forgot to delete that and I won! A second unit is coming to me. If anyone wants it, it will be $40USD (including shipping) or I will simply replace my rheostat contraption.
dremelspeedcontrolfront-jpg.158864

Well, today I got the replacement fuse holder and it fits! I still don't know which size fuse is required.
3544-lg-jpg.158877

Worse, thinking I couldn't get the part, I had a third party software place bids on another (with a $40USD limit including shipping and taxes). I forgot to delete that and I won! A second unit is coming to me. If anyone wants it, it will be $40USD (including shipping) or I will simply replace my rheostat contraption.
dremelspeedcontrolfront-jpg.158864
Dremel speed control fuse.jpg

@Sharkmouth I stand corrected! I have had the 15amp fuse in my unit for years after I blew the previous fuse. I found an Ebay photo where they had the Info sheet in full view and it stated to use a 5 amp fuse. You have the size above, and now we both have the correct amp rating for the fuse.
As I have only ever used mine to run a Dremel it hasn't been an issue, but tomorrow I will go to one of the local hardware stores and pick up a pack of 5 amp fuses for my unit.
Correction fuse rating.jpg

And Operating instructions. Yeah it is at an angle but very readable.

Operating instructions for Dremel Solid State Speed Control Model 219.jpg

@Sharkmouth I also found a parts list for the model 219 and a PDF file parts list and instructions for the model 291-2 Which is virtually the same except with some minor part changes. PM me with your e-mail and I will send them to you.
3D-Smile rocking.gif
See! I can do info as well.

Back