• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Love that Apache!
1676629599085.png

I know of some aftermarket (very little needed) for it. Simply, some items were missed and production batches mixed.

From the ARC forums:

1. The kit lacks the 4 helmet sensor units in the cockpit. Not sure how they missed this since Hasegawa even included them in their 1/48 kit (well, the two for the CPG at least).
  2. The old style Optical Relay Tube CPG sight for the D kit. The kit only includes the later square LCD display. Not sure when they changed over to the square display, but the D kit only includes the original PNVS turret and the only markings are for 2003 era aircraft, if that matters.
For item 1:
1676644714794.png

For item 2:
1676644750598.png

Last edited:
At the beginning of the new year a seller on FB who I have delt with got in a pile of WNW kits. I managed to get the last kit from WNW that I was missing and padded my Eindecker stash and a replacement for a kit which lost some parts due to helpers helping Mom out a few Christmases ago. I also got a few other kits which I found interesting. The 1/32 Helix is on route but these came in. Also got a couple of books. The Apocalypse looks like the big one from Red Alert and supposedly its based on that. Will be interesting I think. I didnt realize it comes with a small circuit card and LEDs to light it up.
View attachment 157142

James
you got one of these, did you James? I saw that they seem to be the only WNW kit left in stock on a few sites. I considered it briefly and then decided against it but was curious how the kit looked.

you got one of these, did you James? I saw that they seem to be the only WNW kit left in stock on a few sites. I considered it briefly and then decided against it but was curious how the kit looked.
The Gotha UWD? Yeah I finally decided to get it even though only 1 was made. It like the G1 is a big ugly bird but I think thats the charm. I just find it amazing that something that big and ungainly could take off from the water or even from land. Like any WNW kit it is well done and should make quite a conversation piece.

From the Great White North (thanks @jknaus) is a stove...
XtrasCanadaStove.JPG

and Horch wheels along with several sets of bolts, knobs, and cockpit doo-dads:
XtrasCanadaHorchWheels.jpg

EvilBay find at a great price from Squadron Hobbies:
MasterAM48139P51Dguns.JPG

AliExpress find for much less than expected as I always though DSPIAE was overpriced.
DSPIAEsandersset00.JPG

Each set comes in a nice box with the grit of each compartment embossed on the individual lids. Six pieces are included in each compartment; two thin, two medium, and two thick with the grit clearly marked by numbers and by color coding.
DSPIAEsandersset01.JPG

@sharkman it's the Tonka Car Carrier front end, the trailer is long lost. It's the blast from our past we found cleaning out my Mom's house a couple of years ago. My brother laid claim to the dump truck but I'm positive it was mine because the damage it had. That's ok, I got my Dad's M1 Carbine.

@sharkman it's the Tonka Car Carrier front end, the trailer is long lost. It's the blast from our past we found cleaning out my Mom's house a couple of years ago. My brother laid claim to the dump truck but I'm positive it was mine because the damage it had. That's ok, I got my Dad's M1 Carbine.
If it is the one I am thinking about Bob, my brother has one and it is all there and in amazing shape.

Very cool Bob, about both the truck and the Carbine! Always been a fan of toy cars.

i have a small collection of old Corgi toys I had as a kid and my Star Wars stuff left. Started collecting more as an adult. I pick one up every now and then. The Ecurie Ecosse transporter is my current fav.

I wish I had saved my Tonkas!

Attachments

• IMG_5714.JPG
    IMG_5714.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5716.JPG
    IMG_5716.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
100_7893.JPG
AH-64A-Apache-Monogram-56.jpg

I just happen to find this Apache kit at the Ollies in Snellville, GA today for $12.99. They also had Revells PT-17 along with some car kits. I built the Apache kit many years ago and ended up giving it to my son in law. Don't know when I'll get to it. I'm thinking about an Israeli scheme or just a US Army green. Gary S.

One Christmas I got a huge box full of Tonka trucks and trailers. Wore them out driving them around the back yard, literally. The only part of the yard that got mowed was my roads! That would have been about 1953.

It arrived. I cant figure out Canada Post though as this was delivered to my door while the other kit which came at exactly the same time was delivered to the mail box down the road. Its still snowing though and I dont want to go out so it will have to wait a bit. Man but this is a big kit and looks really good from my initial look. I hate though that Takom still uses small little paint guides. You get marking s for 3 birds, 2 from the Vipers in Irag in 2003 with shark Mouths and one from the Avengers in Iraq in 2003. Hoping more marking options become available at some point. I want to get the AH-64E also.
James
20230301_154733.jpg

The Gotha UWD? Yeah I finally decided to get it even though only 1 was made. It like the G1 is a big ugly bird but I think thats the charm. I just find it amazing that something that big and ungainly could take off from the water or even from land. Like any WNW kit it is well done and should make quite a conversation piece.
Same - one in my stash too!

I dont have pictures yet and not sure when I will get some as my shift has changed. But popped for the AH-64E and AH-64E of the world as well as the new takom M48 A3. I have some decals coming for it to make a Marine tank from Vietnam.
James

Back