• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Looks like you have the plane and the wood for the deck John.

3D-Wink.gif

W
I picked up a couple of items the last week or so. This weekend I took advantage of the Sprue Brothers RFM sale.

View attachment 143181

View attachment 143182

View attachment 143183

Bob Letterman has another Heller sailing ship in his stash that he has always wanted to build up. I have always wanted to build a big one of these (built the little Revell kit when I was a kid) I swapped off several 1/350 kits that I no longer wanted or intended to build and got this and some in-house cash for paint or whatever.

View attachment 143184

I will gladly accept Saul's advice on the Sherman and T-34 kits. The Victory I am sure will be a slog and I already know I will have to deal with some minor warpage and will have to scratch build up a piece that broke off and is missing. (the part for the other side is complete for a pattern shouldn't be hard) Also the vaccuformed sails are toast. They were super thin to begin with and are all pretty deformed. I had decided a long time ago to never build a ship with sails again. They tend to hide too much detail and make it harder to handle and keep dust off. This kit is 110cm long or about 44 inches. It will definitely be an impressive beast.

The house reassembly is coming along. The "work" room is mostly set back up (furniture wise) but am weeding out on a lot of stuff and trying to go through everything. I need to go through several large boxes of kits and find them a new home. Lighten my load and make life a little less stress filled.
Wowzers some great stuff. Keen to hear your take on the Sherman. I hear that one has some issues.

There may be nothing more enjoyable than wrecking things with a suitably big excavator! That one seems OK for the task at hand, but the bigger ones are more fun.

W

Wowzers some great stuff. Keen to hear your take on the Sherman. I hear that one has some issues.
As I am not a Sherman guru. I am not up on accuracy on this subject. As I can and do make mods all the time, correcting mistakes, minor issues or even building a kit that has fit issues doesn't bother me much. Major incorrect errors like the Hobby Boss A-26 will have me avoiding a kit or passing it on to someone else.

Ended up with a couple freebies at today's club meeting. Also hooked up a new guy (young air force kid) with one of my extra 1/72 Prowlers after another club member set me up with a Black Box cockpit for the S-3. :coolio2:

1635961218037-png.143102

It arrived. My hopes of a new shark mouth, since I have not seen a photo of the artwork subject with two sets of eyes, was dashed. Other than a new cover art, it is simply all the unmodified plastic sprue trees, decals, and instruction from 32061 with an added instruction sheet and two small figure sprue trees from 32114. Not really a problem for me since The Gladiator and #1 Du Me Mi both have shark mouth schemes and the duplicate sheets help me correct one of the mistakes from the original release (Cav Flags needed for upper surface of the synchronized stabilators). Had they included the early decal sheet and instructions, I think more customers would be happy as all the sprue trees from the early kit are there.

Regards,

ICM32062AH1GwithPilots00.JPG
MicroDesign PE interior and exterior detail sets with nicely done pre-painted instrument panel to give Yahu! a run for the money... much better than Eduard's:
MicroDesignsMD032015MD032016a.JPG

MicroDesignsMD032015MD032016b.JPG
MicroDesignsMD032015MD032016d.JPG
MicroDesignsMD032015MD032016c.JPG

Quinta Studio 3D printed decal...
QuintaStudioQD32068a.JPG
QuintaStudioQD32068b.JPG
QuintaStudioQD32068d.JPG
QuintaStudioQD32068c.JPG

Regards,

That 1/24th scale Huey was originally Monogram's see through Huey. That was one neat model but when the rotor was fired up you didn't want to get near it as those blades really spun.

Back