• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

My polishing wheels were 'done' so saw this at Lidl Markets for only $3USD, why not?
ParksideFeltPolishingKitLidl.JPG

Regards,

To help square up scratch-building angles:
EngineerAngle01.JPG
EngineerAngle02.JPG

... and a great book on the PZL11c with builds of all the latest models (no Heller or LTD within):
KageroPZL11c00.JPG
Click ^ to see inside!

Regards,

Last edited:
Where did you get the machinists square from Saul?
Amazon... made in China so probably not the best but smaller than the fancy one I have been using (as my workspace gets tighter and tighter with crap). :P

I wanted to use my Amazon Rewards.

Regards,

Time to catch up on some acqusitions. First up are some additions to the library.

Great ideas for damaged and abandoned subjects.
IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_1000.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

Dedicated to British/Commonwealth Subjets. There is a Volume 2 on the way.
IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

While aimed at 1:1 restorers, it has lots of good detailing shots for the model builder. Many of the mechanical details are applicable to US Jeeps as well.
IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

The AK Books were picked up from a Black Friday sale on-line.

For some reading time, the author has written several books on Canadian battles and campaigns. The Scheldt Campaign was were my uncle was killed. In the book the author interviewed a gentleman that had been in his section and related how and were he died.
IMG_0995.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

I wondered about getting that British at War book but go the Jeep one instead. What are your thoughts on the British at War? Terrible Victory is a fantastic book but so saddening, maddening, and depressing. Definitely not a fan of Monty. I've got all of Zuehlke's books and he is my favourite military author. Makes the subject so insteresting.
James

I wondered about getting that British at War book but go the Jeep one instead. What are your thoughts on the British at War? Terrible Victory is a fantastic book but so saddening, maddening, and depressing. Definitely not a fan of Monty. I've got all of Zuehlke's books and he is my favourite military author. Makes the subject so insteresting.
James
It is a good book with lots of good tips. Most of the articles do not go in depth into building the kit, the main focus is on painting and weathering. Building and ground work construction and finishing techniques are also discussed in the articles. Having said that, the techniques shown don't need to be rigidly followed but adapted to suit your style. Some of the builds are over weathered for my taste (tracks welded on the hull side as extra armour caked with mud), stowage is not always properly secured or is stowed incorrectly (tarps and fuel cans on and around the exhaust system). In addition to the articles, there are additional pages with photos of completed British vehicles. The photos are clear and crisp but some of the colours appear a bit off, probably due to the printing process. It isn't a complete AK love fest when is comes to finishing the models as the builders have used products from other suppliers and they are identified when used.

If you are a fan of Commonwealth vehicles it is good to see them getting some attention and it will be a useful reference. It appears that Volume 2 is out in Europe but I haven't seen it listed on this side of the pond yet.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks Rich. I think I'll pass on it still. I have a few of AK's books on weathering and painting etc and they all seem to be a rehash. Have a Merry Christmas.
James

I did the test on a Pz IV turret.

I think Saul is a bit more thorough on his assessments though.
James

20211226_200206.jpg

Santa brought me one of THESE for Christmas! A stunning 1/700 Royal Navy Light carrier kit.
20211229_164022.jpg

AND! I found another chunk of this cool shower wall stuff on a job site! It's 33 X 23 X 2 inches. Anybody who wants a chunk of it for a base, PM me with the size you want & your address and I'll mail it off to you! It's great for Armor/terrain and ship/ocean bases.

Back