• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Is that 1/144 scale Corvette ship simply a reduction in scale of the old 1/72 scale one or is it completely new tooling?

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

Is that 1/144 scale Corvette ship simply a reduction in scale of the old 1/72 scale one or is it completely new tooling?

Cheers

It's of the Snowberry, the same as the old 1/72nd kit, so possibly a scale reduction. I don't know that for sure, but being Revell, a good possibility.

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Cheers

It's a complete new tooling. Looks like a very nice kit with lots of detail. I honestly don't see how any aftermarket stuff will be needed.

Latest Acquisitions

It's a chilly, rainy, & windy Saturday here in the PNW. So I figured I might as well take a trip out to the local hardware store, Michaels, and the local hobby shop. I had a rebate gift card to burn, plus $10 worth of coupons I needed to use at the hobby shop before they expired. Came back with some base materials, some digi calipers, some cutting utensils, and a kit that's quite a bit different from anything else in the stash.

DSCF2188.JPG

Latest Acquisitions

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!

The Russians are mostly here!

I've recently received a fair number of kits and figures of WW2 Russian stuff.

ha092bd3.jpg

h30f237c.jpg

h55939f0.jpg

ha50be1e.jpg

hd7f5d14.jpg

h585b4e2.jpg

h4cb09ee.jpg

h60728c8.jpg

h4a1d2a3.jpg

The T-44 kit is exquisite and is really models within a model. The 85mm gun is almost worth what I paid for the entire kit and is beautifully detailed.

h12e01dd.jpg

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

Took advantage of a sale and free shipping at Squadron...
IMG_20170319_105218.jpg

IMG_20170319_104736825-800x450.jpg

The box for the Meng Abrams Tusk is HUGE...Ought to be quite a build...
IMG_20170319_104753726-800x450.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Some new additions:

20_Mar_4.JPG

20_Mar_2.JPG

20_Mar_3.JPG

With a few less lumps and bumps it can become the CH147F
113058557938913.jpg

20_Mar_1.JPG

With a resin conversion kit it can become the Canadair C-54GM Northstar

northstar.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Nice! I was very tempted by the C-54D that was for sale on here...but I really don't "need" anymore kits. Need to get some of the plethora I have built. But the lure of a Berlin Airlift bird keeps tugging. :laugh:

Latest Acquisitions

Sweet scores! Way to go man! I also have the C-54 in the stash; gonna see about starting it up fairly soon.

Latest Acquisitions

Gun barrel order came in from Sabot Publications. These are by Magic Models. They used to be called ModelPoint and I know the owner was a stickler for accuracy and would measure everything!

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Saul, I have hundreds of those kinds of books!

Being a modeler doesn't preclude you from liking those! And they even have their place in modeling.

When planning a diorama, I check the details on the vehicles, uniforms, etc., and then the maps and locations of the units I am simulating.

I know you would agree with that!

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Just got this one for a build review. There are some interesting extras in this kit including PE and what looks to be belt and mud flap material....
IMG_20170323_200705747-1024x576.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

I know you would agree with that!

I do, but some may buy the book not knowing that there are no vehicle photos within. By the way, the image I just posted was deleted as it was supposed to be the barrels I got in from Sabot Publications. :D

So everyone knows what we're referring to, this is the book:
PzGdr2Front.jpg

The post will be restored when I upload the correct photo of the gun barrels.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Impulse buy (from eBay) that arrived this week...

hd2c94e6.jpg

Think it will look good in this scheme, what do you guys reckon ??

hd57a005.jpg

Ian.

Back