• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

hfde0b07.JPG

This is LZ Models' earlier release. The newer one has one use the kit hubs on the larger tires:

h698cedb.jpg

Where did you buy them?

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Congratulations on finding all three of the Stooges Jeff! From what I hear they are becoming quite difficult to obtain these days.

Latest Acquisitions

Congratulations on finding all three of the Stooges Jeff! From what I hear they are becoming quite difficult to obtain these days.

They're not as hard to find as the other Moebius/PL stuff that drops OOP, but I was lucky to find a pawn shop in MA had all three listed for $48.

I was going to get spendy on the Moebius Dracula but see that it's do back on the shelves in April.

The LIS Chariot will be out again too.

Currently trying to talk myself out of the Moebius 1/8 Creature.

Latest Acquisitions

LOL! Nice items there James! Now I don't feel so bad about the few items I picked up these last couple weeks.

The table I use for photos is covered with my Dornier project so photos will have to wait till it is done. Been working on MPE the last few days. (Micro Photo Etch) The instructions have not been real clear so I am lucky I ran across a book on the Do-17 I forgot I had.

Latest Acquisitions

I've been dead tired lately and not in the mood to set up the camera to take photos but I have received the following:

From a nice chap on Facebook, I got the sharkmouth (fantasy) scheme from Eduard's Bf 109G-6 Member Edition kit
artwork(4)_z1.jpg

Federico Collada (FC of FC Modeltips) sent his latest book asking for a review
img_464_ed603fb528d9a25e4a9b05a7397d7c1a_1.jpg

It has 24 tips, mostly old school, but one called "painting through water" is unique and sure to catch on.

From MegaHobby, I opened a package to see Trumpeter's AT-S kit which I thought was a mistake since the invoice (I do get a discount) had an MSRP of almost $115USD! Opening the box, I see rubber tires, a metal barrel, and now I am concerned that the wrong kit is in the box as well. It turns out that the kit includes Trumpeter's 152mm ML-20 howitzer. This ios not noted anywhere on the box or sales literature so I fired off an e-mail to Stevens and MegaHobby to let them know.
997120-14702-17-pristine.jpg

Last, I received a tip from James (Knaus) that Kiwi Resin was having a half off sale. In contact with the owner, I was able to snag one of two available 1/48th scale P-51 Cavalier conversion sets for the Tamiya kit. I was warned of tiny air bubbles on the wing tip tanks. It arrived in a Ziploc bag with a stapled paper header (not box or artwork as shown below). I was horrified to see all the flash but all the parts were there. Some, other than the tip tanks, had pin holes to fill. The port canopy rail on the TEMCO side wall had a pin wall which caused the piece to be lost. Not a problem as the side walls look easy enough to replace completely with a better detailed rendition. I now have the templates needed plus a very nicely done vacuum-formed canopy for a two seat Mustang.
660bbb_6a4d216bfca746fa8e5a9157ddf6dcb0.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

I forgot to post when this arrived. I finally got my hands on one that didn't cost a fortune! :woohoo:

Latest Acquisitions

I am very familiar with Alex Clark's work; he is one tremendous scratch builder. I don't know the others, but his name alone makes that book worthwhile. Excellent score!

Latest Acquisitions

Not for the modeler, only the historian will appreciate this two volume book. One is the history of the unit with many photos of the locales and personalities (no vehicles) and the other is filled with over 100 maps.

PzGdr2Front.jpg

Regards,

Back