• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

From Panzer Concepts, I bought several sets of their 3D printed suspension for the (otherwise) excellent Vulcan Model kits:
STZ5a.jpg

STZ5b.jpg

STZ5c.jpg

I was given a sample of the tracks which won't be sold publicly as they are too fragile.
STZ5tracks.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Those definitely look most interesting. It will be interesting to see how these fit. I can see how fragile the tracks are; maybe they would consider doing tracks for the larger tanks which might be more sturdy.

Have fun with those Saul!

Latest Acquisitions

Recieved my prize from the CTA3 campaign today from FC-Modeltips (y)

h5db7c98.JPG

Many interesting photos and wheathering tips in there to be used for all sorts of builds :)

Big thanks for the prize and quick delivery (y)

Greetings

Mats

Latest Acquisitions

The LAG & Signal Red for the Britannia arrived. To make the turtle's efforts worthwhile making the trek across the pond, also included was the Martlet IV, Pilatus Landing Gear (my kit ones arrived in multiple pieces) and a cockpit/canopy set for the Airfix Sabre.

08Mar.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

The UPS deliveryman must hate me! This is the second time I get a package from MegaHobby.com and the corner of a box is crushed!

Looks like a nice kit inside (no damage there):
TrumpeterMiG31BM72Box.jpg

Terry started his review and I had to get it (I sound a bit like James, eh?):
TrumpeterATTTractor.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

I almost had that many boxes myself this past couple weeks.

Okay, here's quite a haul I managed to get over the past few weeks. These first models I got were from a South Carolina club which acquired a collection of models from a widow after her husband passed away. They are helping her sell them all and returning all proceeds to the widow.

This is what I bought from them in order to help out this widow; these are all in 1/72 scale:

AZ Models AH-1G Huey Cobra Early:
AZ_Models_AH-1G_Early_Cobra.jpg

Hasegawa AH-1S Huey Cobra:

Hasegawa_AH-1S_Cobra.jpg

Hasegawa Mitsubishi T-2:

Hasegawa_Mitsubishi_T-2_.jpg

Heller SAAB J.32 Lansen:

Heller_J_32_Lansen.jpg

Hobby Boss F-15E Strike Eagle:

Hobby_Boss_F-15E_Strike_Eagle.jpg

Trumpeter BAe Lightning F.1A/F.2:

Trumpeter_Lightning_F1A.jpg

Trumpeter BAe Lightning F.6/F.2A:

Trumpeter_Lightning_F6.jpg

These next acquisitions are what I purchased at the Pasadena Valleycon from the local vendors.

These tools:

2017_Valleycon_Tools_.jpg

This next one is a partially started Chinese War Junk I got for $5.00:

Lindberg_Chinese_War_Junk_.jpg

Another very cheap model was this Military Wheels 1/72 scale Russian Fuel truck I got for $3.00:

Military_Wheels_Russian_Fuel_Truck.jpg

Late on I won these in the raffle:

Pegasus T-800 Endoskeletons from Terminator II:

Pegasus_T-800_Endoskeletons.jpg

Dragon 1/72 scale SdKfz 263 Funkspahwagen 8-rad:

Dragon_Sd_Kfz_263.jpg

That's all I got so far. The next things to post will be my prizes from CTA III. I might possibly have some additional acquisitions for my birthday too, but we'll see.

Okay now, back to the bench.....

Latest Acquisitions

Oh I really like that Junk Mark. That will be cool to see. Tracing paper would look good as the sails I think.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Got a few things the last couple of days besides bruises. Some new figures from Tartat, the new Stug III C/D, a captured SU 76 and some paint and weathering materials. I saw on Uschi Vander Rosens page he has a small tool for grinding. Looked cool but out of stock. So I looked on Amazon and found it way cheaper. It will take dremel bits and runs at 20K RPM. 2 AAA batteries and a light and it is the size and weight of a large pen. Quite thrilled to add to my arsenal of tools. Will use it to grind plastic and resin and for general modeling where the small dremel was used before.

DSC06819.JPG

DSC06820.JPG

DSC06821.JPG

DSC06822.JPG

DSC06823.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Oh I really like that Junk Mark.

Sounds insulting!
:yipee

I saw on Uschi Vander Rosens page he has a small tool for grinding. Looked cool but out of stock. So I looked on Amazon and found it way cheaper. It will take dremel bits and runs at 20K RPM. 2 AAA batteries and a light and it is the size and weight of a large pen. Quite thrilled to add to my arsenal of tools. Will use it to grind plastic and resin and for general modeling where the small dremel was used before.

DSC06823.JPG

I hope you'll provide a review and link (if worth it).

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Sure will. I'll provide the link as soon as I get to my computer. Will do some testing and will give thoughts this weekend.

Latest Acquisitions

Press the picture for the link in the States.

I got mine for $29.00 Cdn and the next day it almost doubled in price. Meanwhile the US price is the same.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I0BNGXE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered some bits to go with it but they have not yet arrived. Again press pic for US link

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B016HUCJ7I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

James

Latest Acquisitions

Hi James.

I don't know what it is about Amazon.ca but I find that usually the prices there are ridicuously high. That's so much so that I've taken to ordering either from the U.S.A. or overseas. Perhaps that's what happened when the price you saw doubled?

I'd like to get a similar device that'd take very small drill bits and drill at low rpms so thatthe styrene plastic does not melt.

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

The little engraver looks nice James. Let us know how it works out for you.

Have not felt much like building anything the last couple of weeks. Have acquired some new interesting items though.

Aq-154.jpg

Aq-155.jpg

Aq-156.jpg

Aq-157.jpg

Aq-158.jpg

I usually try and wait until Sprue Bros puts their PE or Eduard stuff on sale. Think I caught an Aircraft PE an additional 20% off deal and got the 3 Big Ed sets. Added the T-28 as I had been wanting it as well. They were out of the Kingfisher PE set so I passed on that buy this time.

Am pondering on attacking 2 of the 3 Tie ships for group builds. Problem is I just have not been feeling up to much the last couple of weeks. The Tie Striker is almost double the size of the Interceptors. Had a bit of a thought about modding 2 Interceptors into a Tie Defender. Not doable alas. The panels are similar but not nearly close enough. Might still ponder a scratch build at another time.

Am also going to have to hit up WNW for a Sprue F part 6, which is a wheel cover. It looks like the plastic just did not flow together or into the cavity for it. In a pinch it would be easy to make a rubber mold of the other part and cast it, but will contact them in the next week or so. Short shot missing. :facepalm

Latest Acquisitions

Straight from Poland, Hataka's new lines plus their reformulated old one as well!

These are the single paints from their Blue line designed for use with paint brush.
HTB100to106.jpg

I find it strange that a camouflage set is optimized for brush painting but here it is!
HTKBS09a.jpg

HTKBS09b.jpg

This is their old line, for airbrushing, with the correct acrylic thinner which works with the red and blue lines.
HTKAS46aThinner.jpg

Contents of the set for the Polish Spark trainer I have from Arma Hobby.
HTKAS46b.jpg

This is from their new lacquer line.
HTKCS72a.jpg

Contents of the set for modern Polish armor. I needed this for my IBG Rosomak.
HTKCS72b.jpg

The thinner of course!
HTKCS72Thinner.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Couple more kits arrived. Got 2 new Sopwith Camels and the Camel/LVG combo, my Stug decals confirming they were listed wrong, and these two beauts.

DSC06827.JPG

DSC06828.JPG

James

Back