• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

If so you can mine from my T-54-2 as I probably wont build the engine compartment.

James, check your instructions. Does the transmission, squirrel cage fan, and gearbox come in the T-54-2 with interior? They aren't in the T-54-1 nor are they even mentioned in the instructions.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Another beaten package but nothing damaged inside!

Click photo to see inside the box.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

After some time I have received all my prizes from the CTA campaign. I wish to thank everyone who passed on their prizes to me as well as Badger for sending me such an incredible brush. Most of all I wish to thank all who participated in the campaign; your participation and generosity will help many others to avoid ever having to deal with this scourge ever again.

These are my latest acquisitions courtesy of the Call to Arms Campaign:

First off, Warren sent me his prize of an Italeri Opel Maltier in 1/35th scale:

CTA_Prize_Italeri_Opel_Maultier.jpg

Thank you very much Warren. Your thoughtfulness is heartwarming. I am honored that you were willing to give your prize to me.

From Lawrence I also received his prize, some Gator Grip Glue from Kenny Loup. You can see that he sent a few extra goodies as well; a tool holder for my nippers and a ton of Mardi Gras beads from that recent celebration. Thanks Kenny!

Gator_Grip_Glue_CTA_Prize.jpg

Lawrence I am also honored to receive your prize as well. I am touched by your generosity.

Finally, my own prize arrived a day ago. This is the Badger Sotar brush that I will be using as my fine-tipped brush for fine work:

Badger_Airbrush_CTA_Prize.jpg

Thanks again to all who were a part of this campaign!

Latest Acquisitions

NICE!! That Sotar is a great airbrush. Treat it well and be careful of the tip, it bends just looking at it.

Latest Acquisitions

nice to see you got the Badger Air Brush!

Now to get Veerle's prize in her hands!

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks guys! Saul your efforts to get me this are most appreciated. I will be looking forward to getting that brush fired up!

Latest Acquisitions

Excellent Mark :D

I just got the last of my kits today from a splurge a couple of weeks ago.

Newest Takom kits and this very cool IBG kit of the KTO Rosomak.

DSC06858.JPG

DSC06859.JPG

DSC06860.JPG

You might notice my Georgia decided to check out the kits and give final approval.

James

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks James! I love your Georgia! I'm so glad she approves of your newest acquisitions, I also am most impressed. Looking forward to seeing them started.

Latest Acquisitions

Had a "little" package show up from Greenville Hobby Shop today. Thanks Gerry! :drinks

DSCF2199.JPG

Latest Acquisitions

1/48 decals x2 from Ebay.
h1e29e15.JPG

From a Facebook group. This haul was like $25.

T55 tow cables x3

.50 sets x3

0.75 mm cable

set of chain

A bucket.
Anntenna mounts for an LAV 25.

he20bec6.JPG

Latest Acquisitions

I forgot I had this on back-order with LuckyModel yet had bought the set last September. Luckily, I do have more Falcon kits to use it on.

MasterMAMAM72092F16StaticDischargers.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Got my Ammo of Mig order. I dont have pics but got some more thinner, pigment fixer, and some gravel glue to try. Also going to see how the oil paints work. And finally some stretchy thread in 2 sizes and the newest Armour Encyclopedia. Oh and handy rack for them.

DSC06881.JPG

DSC06882.JPG

DSC06884.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

The first two are from the AMPS raffle tables. I think I really lucked out with this T-54B.

hd669a9e.jpg

he43d1a5.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

The model kit were a real bargain. Especially the smart kits. :yipee
Think late 1980's,early 1990's for the prices.
h29d3063.jpg

h73c7907.jpg

h805ae3f.jpg

hc7df4e9.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

James may like this for his Rosomak:
Bilkiewicz111Sand.jpg

It is BilModel's latest paint, in their new plastic bottler with shaker inside.

These are not modeling books. They are more like an expanded version of the expensive World Airpower Journal magazine. Very nice photography throughout, plenty of cockpit shots but not much of other details, no profile schemes other than the back cover but loads of information on the aircraft and use.

RussiasWarplanesV1.jpg

At $65USD each softcover, not cheap at all!
RussiasWarplanesV2.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Have a couple of new items to post here. One is the Norden bomb sight that I saw on Sprue Bros a while back and ordered it to go along with some other items.
The second is the brand new straight from the FreeTime preorder deal. The old SciFi nuts will recognize it. The film was made back in 1967 and it is a total surprise that a molded kit was finally made. To top it off the parts are really crisp, the interior is complete and nicely detailed and in 1/32nd scale.

Aq-159.jpg

Aq-160.jpg

Aq-161.jpg

Aq-162.jpg

Aq-163.jpg

Aq-164.jpg

Now where is a decent figure of Racquel Welch.

Note that the window and inner frame are in place in the last photo. Very clear and minimal distortion which is amazing in a part that big.

Twist my arm nicely and I will post a full review. I was quite pleasantly surprised with the quality of the model.

Back