• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Is it just a terrible kit Bob? Figured for 10 bucks I did ok.

Lets see...the accessory bay and cowling construction is a nightmare. the blisters of the canons on the wing root don't fit, think there's aftermarket to fix that. If you build it up as a open panel showcase you're ok. The engine was really nicely detailed and I remember the stacks being a bear to install, they even supply a little jig to help alignment. But i've seen it build up nicely and I probably should revisit it. But not any time soon! :pilot

Is it just a terrible kit Bob? Figured for 10 bucks I did ok.

Lets see...the accessory bay and cowling construction is a nightmare. the blisters of the canons on the wing root don't fit, think there's aftermarket to fix that. If you build it up as a open panel showcase you're ok. The engine was really nicely detailed and I remember the stacks being a bear to install, they even supply a little jig to help alignment. But i've seen it build up nicely and I probably should revisit it. But not any time soon! :pilot

Ah yes, the kit from Hell. There's a back story to this, I got the kit in a Christmas gift exchange several years ago. The kit sat in my stash until Bob and I arranged a trade, which I must say, worked out better for me. :unsure: Anyhoo, the person who gave the gift at the exchange came over to me and said "That's a great kit, you'll enjoy building it." Not sure what he had been smoking, but it sure wasn't the case. Guess I need to give the Pupster another kit to make him crazy, I mean, make up for that one. :D :rotf

Hubert, I ordered the kit Thursday, it was picked up Friday afternoon and delivered to my door at 10:30AM Saturday!
SectorG50.JPG

This is Hasegawa's re-boxing of Sector's Fiat G.50 with Finnish markings. I made sure all parts were sealed and the windscreen, formation lights, decals, and instructions were inside.

Regards,

Part of my order came in...

Another softskin:
AF35170.JPG

Some AA since I like the 40mm:

AF35187.JPG

AF35192.JPG

AF35189.JPG

AG35040.JPG

Half the size but deadly!
AF35149.JPG

AG35029.JPG

Need to get another set as these are nicer than I thought they would be...

More Commonwealth armor:
AF35199.JPG

AF35S52.JPG

Another box to be opened with scale medical items.

Regards,

Good Day Folks!

Just received this kit, it's the Trumpeter Soviet Aerosan RF-8/GAZ-98. Me lady picked this up for me, I mentioned to her the other day, that I wanted to do some sort of "Winter-Diorama" I think this is going to be a unique build. This is my first kit with photo-etch parts, it will also be my first winter scene diorama.

-Steven

Good Day Folks!

Just received this kit, it's the Trumpeter Soviet Aerosan RF-8/GAZ-98. Me lady picked this up for me, I mentioned to her the other day, that I wanted to do some sort of "Winter-Diorama" I think this is going to be a unique build. This is my first kit with photo-etch parts, it will also be my first winter scene diorama.

-Steven

You will love that kit. Built it myself last year. Here is what I did with mine.

IMG_2400.jpg

Couple of boxes here when I got home. As I carefully ignored them so the wife wouldnt notice I got a "So you going to open those???". Oh well. :pinch:

DSC01018.JPG

DSC01017.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

And the one I am most excited about. :yipee

DSC01015.JPG

James

That Bofors gun looks awesome Saul and the ammo kit to, i have the kit from italeri but it was not so good, looking forward to a review on that one :)
Nice haul James! not easy to hide that pile from the mrs!
//Mats

Veerle and i had a Nice day visiting the Plastic and Steel show in Affligem (pics coming tomorrow)
We found some new things for the shelf... :D

Friul tracks for my sWS
P1110426.JPG

Veerle found her bus, yes it's big! :eek:hmy:
P1110427.JPG

New figures for me :coolio
P1110428.JPG

P1110429.JPG

P1110431.JPG

Some decoration for Veerles house
P1110430.JPG

And we finnish with a big bang!
P1110432.JPG

So much to see there and i have taken alot of pics, and i have a short movie clip of some big tigertanks too :cheer:
But that's for tomorrow!
//Mats

Back