• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I am sure he will. Make sure it is the one with the Deutsche Reichspost van body as the other example had openings on the front wheel when they should all be solid.

Regards,

Yup, he did! Super fast response and really helpful with payment arrangements (as he doesn't use PayPal).

I just showed him the original photo of what I wanted to do and asked for three solid rims without mentioning a donor kit. 👍

Last edited:
I finally got a few things in, some I've been waiting for for quite some time.

First up; I had gotten another Chieftain and FV-432 dual model kit from Takom some time back with the plans to make the Chieftain an Iranian one. What to do with the accompanying FV-432? I found a conversion set on Dan Taylor Modelworks that adds a turret to the vehicle and ordered it a couple weeks ago. Here is my FV-432 conversion set to add the turret to my FV432:

full

This is the other side showing the conversion parts:

full

Yes, it comes with a metal barrel.

Next is a couple items I purchased at the IPMS Las Vegas Nationals. After a long and painful ordeal which I won't get into right now; I finally got these home!

First up is an incredible book on the C-130 Hercules. It is quite comprehensive. I'm thrilled to have this as the Herc is one of my top five favorite aircraft:

full

Last is something I've been anxiously waiting on so I could try it out. This was a most amazing thing I saw at the Nationals and I had to have one.

This is a "cordless" airbrush from Spraygunner:

full

This is how it is packed inside:

full

And this is how it looks all set up which shows the "cordless" aspect off:

full

The black cylinder underneath this brush is a combination battery and tiny compressor. It is charged up with a simple USB charging cable which is included in the box. The pressure is not that high and so far as I know, there's no way to adjust it. This is most likely ideal for detail airbrush work. I'm thrilled that I have one of these tools!

That's all I have for now. Time to go post my latest progress now...

Finally received the Shavrov I ordered. John, I'll post the kit review once I get a chance. I'm a bit laid up at the moment and at home on bed rest. Had a little accident on the job early September and I ruptured my quad muscles and tendons in my right leg above the knee. In a full leg cast and looking at about 3 months of recovery and 6 months of physio! Ugh!

IMG_4568.JPG

Finally received the Shavrov I ordered. John, I'll post the kit review once I get a chance. I'm a bit laid up at the moment and at home on bed rest. Had a little accident on the job early September and I ruptured my quad muscles and tendons in my right leg above the knee. In a full leg cast and looking at about 3 months of recovery and 6 months of physio! Ugh!

View attachment 142381

Wow Warren! Sorry to hear you are laid up and have the recovery ahead of you. Hopefully you will be able to rig something up where you can work at the bench a little bit. This kit definitely looks interesting. Be sure to give us a look see when you get a chance!

Thanks guys! I do have some pain and I imagine more is to come once I get into physio. Mostly is just uncomfortable and trying to sleep with a cast. I'm not used to being this idle! Not sure how much bench time I could do as my hobby room is in the basement and its not safe for me to go down there right now.

image3.JPEG
@sharkman Did a shark nip you?

Regards,
I wish Saul, that would have been more exciting, and probably would have healed faster. A colleague of mine and I were searching for a satellite tag we use to collect data on sharks that had released from a white shark and washed ashore. It was a very rocky beach but we found the tag and when I went to grab it I slipped on a rock and came down with all my weight on my right leg. 22 years of working with sharks, seals and other large animals, going to sea on ships and remote field camps and I get taken out by a rock! :facepalm:

Glad to hear it wasn't anything actually broken though I am sure you are super sore. As to going down the stairs, you don't have to walk down. You could sit and scoot down 1 step at a time. It wouldn't be the fastest, or most elegant, but you could get down safely, spend some convalescent time with the plastic and then scoot back up backwards on your can to get up the stairs.

Where there is a will there is a way.

yes-minions-movie.gif

This arrived last night. I was checking emails Friday night after our Alcohol Optional (by optional I mean yes) Euro Truck 2 convoy session when something or another led me to Amazon and I stumbled across this. Price was fair (good bit lower than most of the ones available). I really didn't need it, but was wooed by the siren's song. This is one of the cars I occasionally race in iRacing too, so there is another tie. I really need to build up one of my F1 cars one these days. I'm slowly building up a small collection. :smack:

I fumbled through the box briefly before tucking it away in the closet...it looks like it's going to be a very nice little kit.

OH man Warren!!! Take it easy and don't push it.

I'm sure you could convince someone to bring a few things up from the basement for you to work on.

Back