• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

The Cougar is for the wife until it breaks. So how broken is it going to be allowed to get and stay? :hmm::bm:

The P-51 looks sweet! Will be interested in how the mod kit looks and works out.

Plenty of WW1 wheels, now to get some wings.

My wife asked if I wanted to go with her to Hobby Lobby. Truthfully, I wasn't impressed with the only one near me (Paramus, NJ) but I decided to anyway. After several trips, all I found was 40% off on kits I am not interested and the paints/tools never seem to be on sale. However, a walk to the clearance section (for Christmas stocking stuffer ideas) showed this $30 kit for 75% off! Yes, $7.49USD at Hobby lobby:

AirfixWWIIUSAAFBomberResupplyBox.JPG
Click to see inside the five kits!

Regards,

A few new things. The Border Models 1/35 Bf 109s look great so far. The first few have a surprise figure in them and unfortunately both were the same Gunther Rall. Still cool. They also come with standard figures of Bubbi Hartmann and a couple of seated pilots. The artillery book is hot off the press as are the Star decals. I picked up all 4 Pz I decal sets and the Wind Hund sets. And if you are doing a Land Wasser Schlepper this book is just full of very cool info and pictures.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

James

I've been reasonably quiet on the acquisition front lately...mostly just paint and misc odds and ends for current builds such as pitots (F-4EJ Kai/F-4F) and resin AIM-120s & wheels (F-4F).

I did end up getting a couple 1/48 Hasegawa F-104Js to use the extra decals from my Eduard Eiko. For only $15 each I wasn't going to say no. :lol:

Ever since I saw this photo.

21768656_10212662420387638_6491821863667987038_o.jpg

I knew I would love to build it if I could.

I can't say this is the exact same version but it was close enough for me. It's a pretty tiny kit but looks fairly well detailed through the plastic bags. 😁

KIMG2230.JPG

KIMG2231.JPG

Knowing me, I'll probably toss everything I'm working on aside and oh look! Something shiny! 🤣

Back