• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Okay took photos of some of the stuff i got at the Edmonton AMPS contest. Unfortunately did not complete anything for the contest but hoping for next year. The Humber is the only thing I bid on at the silent auction and I won it. I also got books but havent taken the pics yet.

DSC09271.JPG
DSC09272.JPG
DSC09273.JPG
DSC09274.JPG
DSC09275.JPG
DSC09276.JPG
DSC09277.JPG
DSC09278.JPG

James

James, who was selling these, and how are they are reference?

Regards,
Saul thoise are from Anthony Seward. I have almost all of his refs, I think 30 double to triple DVDs. They are ref manuals and private pictures from his collection and donations. All moneys collected go to veteran charities. I think I have posted others through out the past few years.

James

Saul thoise are from Anthony Seward. I have almost all of his refs, I think 30 double to triple DVDs. They are ref manuals and private pictures from his collection and donations. All moneys collected go to veteran charities. I think I have posted others through out the past few years.

James
He also was a point of reference for some of the Canadian Leo kits released the past few years.

dsc09276-jpg.141007

Is the figure that looks oddly like some famous actor who had a role where he road in a scout car just like that included?

I spent a chunk today. Have been looking at used Toyota Sienna vans for the last few months. Finally found one that seemed like it would fit the bill. It has a bit more mileage than I originally wanted, but Toyotas, if they are maintained will run almost forever. This is an older one 2012 and has 126k miles, but is straight, original, has a fair amount of service records with the dealer I bought it from and has not been harshly treated.

2012 Sienna.jpg

2012 Sienna-1.jpg

I have been needing a second vehicle for quite a while and this fills that bill. I have also needed something that I could load up large stuff and haul things around and this will do that nicely as well. I would have preferred a little lighter color, but it is what it is.

I have always done a "If I am supposed to get it, it will happen with little effort". This vehicle was that way from when I first saw it. It just felt right. Then after I purchased it, I discovered it had already had a tow hitch added. PERFECT!

2012 Sienna-2.jpg

Trips to hobby shows now will be with a little more room and comfort.

100k on a Toyota is just broken in. Good find Paul. So now you gotta get a little trailer to pack all the kits you buy at the shows?

I spent a couple of hours today cleaning and trying to get a decent wax coat on the roof. It looked like it had never had anything done and the dealership I bought it from only did the sides. It was kind of disturbing how much crud was on the roof.

The Sienna is a great van, Paul, I have several friends who have them. 127K is no more than mid life for it.

Back