• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

How was that book packaged? And is it out of print? FN postal system.. at least Barney's box looked better than mine. I just shook my head. Didn't even contact the shipper this time.
20210811_181024.jpg
its-alll-so-tiresome-tired.gif

How was that book packaged? And is it out of print? FN postal system..
Mo, packaging was like so many others that I received without issue. Seems a lonesome Samurai has a beef with me!

As for the 1/48th scale Spitfire Mk. Vc, 'you're welcome' to both you and Barney! :D

Regards,

Got a couple of new kits in and a couple to introduce my Granddaughter to modeling. Going to the AMPS contest this weekend and the kids are coming up so we meet in the middle. So got a couple of what I am pretty sure are snap togethers and hope to show my Granddaughter the joys of modeling. She's a bit young but best to start early.
Unfortunately everything has conspired against me and so I dont have anything to take to the contest. Kind of bummed about that. I just got in some numbers yesterday to make up the missing serial number for my Sherman but just not enough time to finish it. I have not been able to model much to finish the Cdn MG carrier either. Oh well.
full

full

full

full

James

Excellent scores guys! Saul, I'd love to see that Buffalo Soldiers 1/10 decals shrunk down to 1/72 scale! I could easily build all those!

Okay, it's been awhile, but I finally have my IPMS Las Vegas Nationals acquisitions shot and edited.

Let's start with my raffle prizes...

Metallic paints:

full

Some tools donated by Rhino's Hobby Tools:

full

USS Olympia:

full

Focke Wulf Fw-200 Transport. Different from the bomber version:

full

Revell SS United States. I've wanted this for decades:

full

Tamiya Vosper Torpedo Boat:

full

Lastly, some of these were raffle prizes, (three) the rest were purchases:

full

I also won five other raffle prizes, but one prize I let a little girl pick for herself and four others (including three mega prizes) I let my friend Steve Witherspoon pick for himself. One of the mega prizes he got was a 1/350 scale Fletcher Class destroyer that he'd been trying to find for the past five or six years. I'm glad he got it!

These were my raffle prizes. Since my total acquisitions number more than twenty pics, my purchases are on the next post...

Now these are my purchases.

Scale Colors washes and thinner from my friend Jeff Herne who sells these and acrylic paints:

full

Tamiya glue, Tamiya putty, Testor's Model Master paints, and Testor's spray on decal film. I had the rock in the background already:

full

I purchased a "Mediocre Modeler" T-Shirt from Andy's Hobby Headquarters and got this cutting mat for free:

full

I got these HQ-72 bases and accessories from Steve Munsen at his Value Gear booth, along with about ten of the packages of Value Gear stowage seen above:

full

Since I have at least eight 1/72 scale UH-1 helicopters missing tail rotors, I bought these replacements:

full

If they'd had more, I would have gotten them since I have at least four more to replace tail rotors on...

I purchased both of these because I was to graft the Russian carrier's parts to the Graf Zeppelin to create a "what-if" Russian carrier:

full

These are some brand new 3-D printed resin WWI-era vehicles done by a new guy named Jose Vargas. He does them in 1/72 scale (which I have here) as well as in 1/48 scale and 1/35th scale:

full

Bought this because the original Duck I started is missing so many pieces. This one might also be missing pieces too since I found some that fell out of the end-opening box:

full

I just hope this one has all the missing pieces from the original kit I started!

Got this from Rare Plane Detective:

full

It's a heavy chunk of plaster!

I have the early, so now I have the Late:

full

Just had top have another Trimotor:

full

I love the "Southern Cross" on this!

Found this at one of the booths. Been trying to buy this for a couple years! Finally I have one:

full

Now I can cancel the one that's been "sitting" in my Hobbylink Japan Private Warehouse for two years!

Never had a Marine AV-8B in my collection. Now I can rectify that:

full

Still have too many pics so the rest are on the next post...

Finally the remainder of my purchases.

Saw this and realized that I didn't have a Soviet one in my collection:

full

Back in the distant past I had built the USS Forrestal and the USS Saratoga in the 1950's fit when Revell first released them. I'd always wanted to complete the class by getting the USS Independence and the USS Ranger. Now I can:

USS Independence:

full

USS Ranger:

full

Oh to enjoy the childhood memories again!

These latest armor will also be added to the collection eventually:

UM Su-100. I'll be adding this to my Egyptian Army:

full

I know I just built these, but I want to make this Chieftain an Iranian one:

full

These two were at the top of my list to get as well:

full

full

Next was this Italian battleship Vittorio Veneto. I already have the Roma, so I had to get this. The Italians really built them pretty:

full

Finally, another purchase from Rare Plane Detective. I already have the Tu-142 Bear, but I've always wanted the Tu-95 Bear. Now I have one:

full

To be honest, I also picked up a hardcover book about C-130 Hercules and a couple airbrushes, but they seem to have been lost in transit or something. I think I had left them in the model room when it was closed so I hope someone is holding them for me. One of the airbrushes was a gift for a friend. Oh well.

Now these are my purchases.

Scale Colors washes and thinner from my friend Jeff Herne who sells these and acrylic paints:

full

Tamiya glue, Tamiya putty, Testor's Model Master paints, and Testor's spray on decal film. I had the rock in the background already:

full

I purchased a "Mediocre Modeler" T-Shirt from Andy's Hobby Headquarters and got this cutting mat for free:

full

I got these HQ-72 bases and accessories from Steve Munsen at his Value Gear booth, along with about ten of the packages of Value Gear stowage seen above:

full

Since I have at least eight 1/72 scale UH-1 helicopters missing tail rotors, I bought these replacements:

full

If they'd had more, I would have gotten them since I have at least four more to replace tail rotors on...

I purchased both of these because I was to graft the Russian carrier's parts to the Graf Zeppelin to create a "what-if" Russian carrier:

full

These are some brand new 3-D printed resin WWI-era vehicles done by a new guy named Jose Vargas. He does them in 1/72 scale (which I have here) as well as in 1/48 scale and 1/35th scale:

full

Bought this because the original Duck I started is missing so many pieces. This one might also be missing pieces too since I found some that fell out of the end-opening box:

full

I just hope this one has all the missing pieces from the original kit I started!

Got this from Rare Plane Detective:

full

It's a heavy chunk of plaster!

I have the early, so now I have the Late:

full

Just had top have another Trimotor:

full

I love the "Southern Cross" on this!

Found this at one of the booths. Been trying to buy this for a couple years! Finally I have one:

full

Now I can cancel the one that's been "sitting" in my Hobbylink Japan Private Warehouse for two years!

Never had a Marine AV-8B in my collection. Now I can rectify that:

full

Still have too many pics so the rest are on the next post...

Quite a haul there Mark!

As to the Scale Colors paints, I tried them with my P-38 build. One bottle Chromate yellow set up in the bottle and looked like cottage cheese. Another did the same thing in my airbrush while trying to spray it. The airbrush had to come completely apart as the paint had the consistency of melted latex. Sticky globs. After that all six bottles hit the #13 file as it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Here is a link to the P-38 build and you can see what the paint did.

Paul, good to know. I wish you could have let Jeff Herne know; he has always been quick to fix things that go wrong and very interested in any issues his products have. No worries. These are washes from him; I figured I'd give them a shot, and I want to see how well his clear seals over a bare metal finish too.

Jug, that looks great! I think that is one version of the B-25 I've never built; mine have always had the top turret just behind the cockpit.

Paul, good to know. I wish you could have let Jeff Herne know; he has always been quick to fix things that go wrong and very interested in any issues his products have. No worries. These are washes from him; I figured I'd give them a shot, and I want to see how well his clear seals over a bare metal finish too.

Jug, that looks great! I think that is one version of the B-25 I've never built; mine have always had the top turret just behind the cockpit.

I did let him know about the Chromate Yellow setting up in the bottle. But when the Chromate Green set up in my airbrush (using his thinner) I said enough. Wasn't going to mess with it beyond that. I have a lot of the old enamel paints and have gotten used to the Vallejo paints and how they work. Have some new paints from Garage Kit Colors that I love. And they clean up with 409 and can be removed with a Q-tip wetted with 409 if you are doing some washes and shading.

Do you mean my Olympia? No, it's a re-issue done by Life Like Models back in the '70's or so. It should be interesting to build...

Back