• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Cool stuff Mark. As for the lamp why not give it splints. Get some brass rod or bass wood and some hose clamps. Then splint it into the shape that is most useful?
James

Thank you James. I did do a bit of wrapping he flexible part in duct tape. It's holding well enough while still giving me options.

And I picked up a few items that came in yesterday.

Aq-415.jpg

Aq-416.jpg

I already took a good look at the kit. The 2 tanks are quite small. The instructions are NOT clearly labeled for which is which. Basically the build is done in parallel, hull, running gear, hull deck, turrets. I am going to go through the instructions and label the steps for which version it is. For the most part it is easy as step 1-1 is the Ausf. A, and step 1-2 is for the Ausf. B version. I did see a couple of steps though that were step x-1 and -2 that were two parters for the same version. At least the full color booklet for the markings is real clear as to the differences between the two versions.

Dude!!! You're gonna LOVE those!!!! They are decals with raised details. A Quinta Studio decal for a console on an F-14 Tomcat

View attachment 140286
I already have several sets. These are printed and almost as sharp as the Yahu panels in detail. With the quality of the 3D print and the high res color print, they are the best. In fact these are nicer than the Su-25 set I bought a year ago.

HEC_2061-a.jpg

The blades look interesting Saul.
The Quinta decals are very cool. I got some for a Gaz 66 and a SU-35 last year4 but have not yet tried them.
I wonder if they corrected issued with the Pz Is. there were issues with the 1/16 kits.
James

These came last Saturday, just getting around to post.
View attachment 137582
High quality glossy pages, loads of inspiration!
View attachment 137583View attachment 137584
Some actual modeling stuff...
View attachment 137585View attachment 137586View attachment 137587View attachment 137588
The Flashmaster blades interested me, they are super thin and flexible, so we ordered up a set to try out. That's nine blades in the palm of my hand, stay tuned for a test drive and review.
Posted the blades several months back...

Posted the blades several months back...
Mike, what happened to the test drive? It would be great to have another perspective. Especially durability, since I only have received them and you might have used them much more?

Regards,

They work well, especially for flash. I used them to remove some 3D printed parts with success and even some Meng bolt heads from the sheet. Rhino bought some and mentioned them in a thread, not sure which. I haven't dulled my first one yet, but haven't had that much time at the bench.

What are these 3d decals?
Winston Vermilyea (of Wings and Treads fame) had some of these at the Mad City and Fleacon recently. They're amazing. Not too many 1/72 subjects were covered at that time. I didn't see a website for Winston. You maybe could find him on Facehole.

Back