• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Posting this video as so many others, showing 'reviews,' are pushing the knife into the stone. This is not the way!

Regards,

Looks like a nice set. :cool:

Nothing too much new (yet) aside from some paint, bass/balsa wood and a scale ruler (1/24, 1/25, 1/35, 1/48, 1/72). Now I'm set to frame out a garage when I get the inclination.

How effective are they at sharpening Scalpels?
I use them for my Olfa and Exacto chisel blades as well as any other blade (Swan Morton scalpels) with a straight edge. I've not mastered a technique for those blades with a rounded edge and they won't work for one such as the # 12. I've gotten as far in curvature as the #18. I will try my hand on the bottom row, working from right to left, then the top (#s 10 & 15).

1622579183077.png

Obviously, chisel blades are the easiest with this tool (included in set I bought along with a leather strop, flattening stone, and green cleaner):

Regards,

Since I use carbide gravers for doing lathe work, I have a number of diamond stones. I recently bought four 3 x 8 inch diamond stones. They are actually steel plates about 1/4 inch thick. I have a 600 grit, 1200 grit, 2200 grit, and a 3000 grit for finishing. I use Windex on them as a lubricant/ cleaner and they work wonderfully. They start out a little coarser than what you would expect, but with use they get a more homogenous feel and finish and do a great job.

OK, I admit it, I went over the top this weekend, but I had been saving for MONTHS. The positive on all the expensive items I bought is that they DON'T devaluate like plastic kits, kit accessories, or automobiles that you buy at car dealerships. They maintain their value and with quality paint work can be worth more. Once they are no longer available they also appreciate in value, sometimes dramatically which is part of why I splurged.

Now back to being a miser again for a while.

Aq-399.jpg

Aq-400.jpg

Aq-401.jpg

Aq-402.jpg

Aq-403.jpg

Aq-404.jpg

Aq-405.jpg

OK, I can look like this when I don't get enough sleep or someone has rubbed me the wrong way. (no not the little guy in orange) :silly:

Aq-406.jpg

Aq-407.jpg

Aq-408.jpg

Aq-409.jpg

Aq-410.jpg

Aq-411.jpg

Just an FYI, the Halloween kits are actually larger than they look in the photos. They are about 12 inches high and if you take all 8 of the first group and put them with each other they are a little over 3 feet wide.

004.jpg

The other figures are 1/6th or 1/5th scale and are quite a bit bigger. Here is one example for Hariqua next to a 2 liter bottle.

29512382102162156078910987534687674772004632n-1526734764.jpg

There is about 7 pounds of resin in that figure and about the same in Allura.

Last edited:
Well it's done! Closed today and we are now citizens of Due West South Carolina. Not sure if that makes us Due Westerns, Due Westenites or what.

1623462640600.png

Move in ready except for molding shop. Probably will have that by the end of the summer. Yeah I'll be pressure washing the outside but everything inside is ready to go. We'll be moving in over the next couple of weeks and the really good news is we already have 2 parties interested in our current house.

Back