• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Hardly ever see any Vikings modeled. Looking forward to it. (y)
And I might "need" one more. :smack:

Then I'd have a collection of a hi-vis US-3A Cod, hi-vis S-3A Viking (ASW), lo-vis S-3B Viking (anti-ship), and a lo-vis ES-3A Shadow (ELINT). 1 airframe, 4 very different roles & configurations. Might need to find or make some wingfolds though....them suckers got a span on 'em.

Well I finally broke down after years of saying no and got a 3d printer. While at it I also go a cleaning a curing station. So hopefully soon I can make some parts for my models.
full

full

James

Wow James! That's nice. No more missing parts! I need to learn CAD, that would be so cool to draw up something and print it out.

That's awesome James. I've got a couple buddies I simrace with that picked up printers and have been getting into it recently.

Then I'd have a collection of a hi-vis US-3A Cod, hi-vis S-3A Viking (ASW), lo-vis S-3B Viking (anti-ship), and a lo-vis ES-3A Shadow (ELINT). 1 airframe, 4 very different roles & configurations. Might need to find or make some wingfolds though....them suckers got a span on 'em.

1619713846970.png

1619713613557.png

Wow James! That's nice. No more missing parts! I need to learn CAD, that would be so cool to draw up something and print it out.
That's awesome James. I've got a couple buddies I simrace with that picked up printers and have been getting into it recently.

I have wanted one for a long time but just could not see it considering I have no drawing skills. Then my buddy James showed me a site where you can get files and the final sell was when I found another site and they had Panzer clamps and fire extinguishers and an update for the German motor cycle with sidecar. So I popped for it. Saw the cleaner and after watching a number of videos this decided to get it as well. Will make things so much easier. Hope to print something in the coming weeks. Want to make sure I have it figured and that I can do it where the cats wont get snoot fulls of toxic fumes.
The reason the clamps got me was it costs around $28 for printed ones from the store. With all my kits I can break even and I have some household stuff to print also.

James

Nice sharkmouth! :D
Thanks Saul. I'm familiar w/ the Wolfpack sets. I'll probably have to get serious about finding a couple. It's been a while since I've looked at them, so I'll have to see how available they still are. I've actually picked up several 1/72 sets for my planned CAG-11 group build, and I remember a couple of them weren't the easiest to find.

-edit: I just went looking and the both the wingfold & tailfold are available from SB. Both items are still in production so obtaining them shouldn't be much of an issue. :coolio2:

Last edited:
Thanks Saul!

I am finally getting around to posting the few items I have acquired the last couple of months.

Aq-394.jpg

Aq-395.jpg

Aq-396.jpg

Aq-397.jpg

Aq-398.jpg

Have not really had an opportunity to test the files. I tried to get some photos of the grooves on the files with my microscope, but it just didn't really work all that well. Unlike most files that have angled teeth like a saw blade, these have a flat surface with grooves cut in the surface. The metal coating then ends up with sharp edges that will cut off anything that rises into the groove. They won't cut like normal files.

Interesting. I wonder why all of the descriptions, titles, etc., are in both French and English. Was it originally intended for the Canadian market?

Thanks to Renee Loup, the best wife ever, I was able to get my “holy grail”, 1/700 battleship USS Louisiana. It was to be one of the Montana class super battleships designed to go toe to toe with the Imperial Japanese Navy’s battleships.

86C6F90B-D173-4AD5-9EFA-CE52881A5D80.jpeg

Last edited:
Back