• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Well it's done! Closed today and we are now citizens of Due West South Carolina. Not sure if that makes us Due Westerns, Due Westenites or what.

View attachment 138853

Move in ready except for molding shop. Probably will have that by the end of the summer. Yeah I'll be pressure washing the outside but everything inside is ready to go. We'll be moving in over the next couple of weeks and the really good news is we already have 2 parties interested in our current house.
Congratulations!

Just so Michael Westen doesn't live there, too scary! Lovely home.
I don't know who that is... :bm:

But thanks John! :Drinks:
Neighbor is also interested in a back part of our lot. Since it buts up against his house almost I understand why.

Last edited:
Congrat's on the new house Bob! I am going back to Tulsa this weekend as my daughter is buying my old house there from me. She has done a fair amount of rework on it already. Then maybe it will be time for me to get another.

There's a program on Amazon called Burn Notice that my wife and I are watching. Michael Westen is a burned spy who basically does the Don Quixote routine around Miami with Gabrielle Anwar as his Dulcinea. A very loose translation, but Anwar is most photogenic, IMHO.

Transferred the colors from Casa de Dogwood to yet to be named homestead.
20210613_102656.jpg

Congratulations on the new house Bob. Wow.

Okay, here's my latest acquisitions, all from the San Diego show.

Not as big or fancy as Bob's but they will help.

First are my two raffle prizes. I got these for putting my tickets in the Miscellaneous box, hoping to get a ship or two. Instead, I got these:

full

Those were taped together back-to-back. Good backups for me.

Next were these True Color Paints:

full

I don't expect to be using these as they are colors for cars as you can see here:

full

Maybe someday I'll find something to use them on. However, I'll happily sell them to anyone who wants to shoot them on their cars.

I still have two other sets of True Color Paints that were won in raffles. None of them were anything I would use either, but I do still have them.

Moving on,. I saw this old classic and had to have another one:

full

I plan on checking to see if the French, the Canadians, Australians or British used these. That way I can add this to the collection under one of those flags.

The last thing I got for $30.00 was this kit:

full

However, there are two kits in that box. The previous owner had bought the two so he could open both bomb bays on his Stealth, that left him enough parts to build two kits, which are both in that box. Now I can build two Stealth bombers and use the kit decals one one and the special IPMS Nationals decals on the other.

That's all for now. I have two other vehicles coming in soon I hope. I'll post them later.

Photo booth is new...
1623695607318.png

Not sure if this new white photo backdrop:
PT9-2Signed.JPG

... is better than blue:
KSM32012Ki-84WheelsForHasegawa.JPG

Yet, that photo is better than the previous one:
KSM32012Ki84WheelsHas00.JPG

Regards,

New product from our own Kenny Loup which I will be trying out on glass and plastic paint bottles/jars shaking by hand and with the beauty salon electric shaker.

Please help me decide which background is better, white or blue:

GMPaintBalls03.JPG

GMPaintBalls04.JPG
GMPaintBalls01.JPG

GMPaintBalls02.JPG

Regards,

I don't know who that is... :bm:

But thanks John! :Drinks:
Neighbor is also interested in a back part of our lot. Since it buts up against his house almost I understand why.
Awe man! Michael Westen is cool! He is the main character in an old USA Network show Burn Notice. He's a spy. Very cool show. Renee and I are watching the series again. If you have Amazon Prime, it's free to stream.

I think the blue background works better for light subjects. The white lid kinda gets lost in the white background. The white background would probably be best for neutral to darker subjects.

I have found that a light blue grey works well most of the time for general items. The white is a bit too bright and can give problems with contrast and washing out the photo. The dark blue is a bit the other way. It is too dark and can hide detail (notice the base of the container). The dark blue would work quite well as a background for lighter colored sprue photos.

OK so I have some others to finish before I start on this, but I'm so excited that the Field-guns showed today, I thought I'd share!
So I am going to take this:
Kd3ggqz.jpg

and create this:
ehGmUiK.jpg

Using all this:
UaGQ03o.jpg

and was thinking baout putting it in a revetment like this:
6ygN55k.jpg

Trying to NOT think about the crazy-cash I have in this thing at present, but wow it looks like it be a neat model!

Back